2007 LX 470 crystal white 17k miles (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
i just purchased a golden egg. garage kept its entire life and has been maintained beautifully. opening the door the first sense is the fresh leather new car smell. refreshing almost sitting inside something so spotless.
tempImageBkCzzk.png
tempImageJhtqWT.png
tempImagezp2qtT.png
tempImageN6eFph.png
tempImageWlayYR.png

coming up on the next oil change at 17900 miles. planning on getting new tires and new brake pads as well as a top off of any fluids needed.
tempImagew5HmuA.png
tempImageqRZkul.png
tempImagesU81Gn.png
tempImageZ0EvjJ.png
tempImagef53AcJ.png

Where did you find this unicorn? Congrats man.

other than a nice cleaning maybe a ceramic coating this beast is street ready. could you see yourself driving this?

Where did you find this unicorn? Congrats man.
family that passed gave it to his son who lived out of state. he never came to town and needed to sell it. score

family that passed gave it to his son who lived out of state. he never came to town and needed to sell it. score
I’m reporting you for being a lucky son of a bish. Nice score.

Nice truck! I have the same one… with 230k more miles on it.

Timing belt system done in addition to checking every single rubber component?

Timing belt system done in addition to checking every single rubber compone

Timing belt system done in addition to checking every single rubber component?
it has been inspected thoroughly enough to know it was a great purchase. i will be taking it in for its first oil chance since purchased and they will also do a vehicle inspection.

it has been inspected thoroughly enough to know it was a great purchase. i will be taking it in for its first oil chance since purchased and they will also do a vehicle inspection.
Replace the timing belt with OEM or AISIN kit: Do not go with any other make. Also, its a good time to replace the radiator as well. The brakes should be good. Drain and fill diff and transfer case fluid. Also do the power steering fluid.

Once your inspection is done, post the suggestions the tech asks you to do before doing it. Don't let the techs to destroy this gemstone! Man... that is a good find!!! looks so clean inside..

Replace the timing belt with OEM or AISIN kit: Do not go with any other make. Also, its a good time to replace the radiator as well. The brakes should be good. Drain and fill diff and transfer case fluid. Also do the power steering fluid.

Once your inspection is done, post the suggestions the tech asks you to do before doing it. Don't let the techs to destroy this gemstone! Man... that is a good find!!! looks so clean inside..
not a car guy at all other than a fan. i do not know much at all about mechanical work except basics. my buddy is a mechanic and trust his opinion highly. wondering why a vehicle in this condition would need all that work done? this is where i lack.

Rubber deteriorates over time, expecially when sitting. The low mileage and low use makes it actually more likely that rubber belts, seals will fail.
when i say sitting i don't mean for years. its been maintained frequently up to 2019. and has been driven on and off since. but sitting in a garage out of weather conditions. this vehicle hasn't sat longer than 3 or 4 months and not been drove.

Attachments

• CARFAX Vehicle History Report for this 2007 LEXUS LX 470: JTJHT00WX74021100.pdf
    163.1 KB · Views: 25
when i say sitting i don't mean for years. its been maintained frequently up to 2019. and has been driven on and off since. but sitting in a garage out of weather conditions. this vehicle hasn't sat longer than 3 or 4 months and not been drove.
Thanks for sharing that. Pretty simple records there.

Timing belt system is miles OR time. I believe VVTi motor is 90k or 9 years. That’s an interference motor so if a component in the system fails that’s a fun symphony of valves hitting pistons.

At minimum I would change every single fluid and replace every filter. Inspect every single rubber component from hoses to door seals. Essentially go through this thing with a fine tooth comb and expect to put money into it.

Vehicles that aren’t regularly used suffer more than something that had 5k miles a year put on it. Mileage aside it’s a 17 year old truck and it wasnt sitting in an air tight bubble.

Do the work now and expect to enjoy it for life.

I’m somewhat confused as to why fluids and filters would break down sitting in a garage any more than they would sitting on a shelf unused.Tires..maybe.But other rubber components,not so much.

The same reason an old rubber band sitting in a desk dry rots, age not use.

I’m pretty sure once’s you mix coolant and water it will slowly breakdown to loose effectiveness.

Brake fluid can’t have any moisture, once open and exposed to the air it will degrade.

Fluids are the cheapest insurance you can buy for your 100. Feel free to google more fluids and see what you can come up with.

Congratulations!

I owned a 1989 Pontiac 20th Anniversary Trans Am Turbo, from new, to 2009, and it only racked up ~30k miles during my ownership. Perished rubber & brittle plastic were still an issue.

No not a Toyota, but I’d be just as concerned about the same on your “unicorn”, as I would be on my ~100k 2006 LX.

I saw this for sale on FB Marketplace for $70,000 is that your listing? This is beautiful, belongs in a museum.

While I do understand that we’re comparing 2006 dollars to 2023 dollars…

I paid less than that, with good plastic/rubber, unless the model in question has been refurbished, even if
“You know what you have”, that seems overpriced, to an idiot that paid $65+k new…. But maybe I’m just one of those “poor” folk.

other than a nice cleaning maybe a ceramic coating this beast is street ready. could you see yourself driving this?

Let's keep this to tech and not a soft selling ad or a BAT auction. Thanks.

Too late.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom