2007 limited edition

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Local dealer has one, asking $61K and it has 31K miles on it. It was a pebble beach vehicle fleet use and was register as a Taxis. Figure with that many miles in one year it was used at some highend hotel to take passengers around and pickup and deliver to airport. not the easiest miles. I bet it idles for another 60K miles. dealer has it certified but I think they are about $12K high on the asking price. any input??

highway miles arent nearly as bad as saying someone using it as a soccer mom vehicle stop and go around town.

$61,000 for a 2007 with 31k is a way too much to be asking for. Special edition means nothing as all the Special edtion adding was door crome, sills and something else.

Fleetsales.com has a brand new 2007 model that is unsold for $62,975. I would take the new one.

If you look around there are a number of unsold models from 2007. You just have to look.

That's way too high. I saw a nice 2006 locally at a dealer for $41K with 25,000 miles. It wasn't a "Limited Edition", but it was damn nice!

$61,000 for a 2007 with 31k is a way too much to be asking for. Special edition means nothing as all the Special edtion adding was door crome, sills and something else.

Fleetsales.com has a brand new 2007 model that is unsold for $62,975. I would take the new one.

If you look around there are a number of unsold models from 2007. You just have to look.

"Black" wood interior. Personally, the whole stone-leather-only killed the "Limited" concept for me.

$61K is way high. No one is going to pay that price for a luxury vehicle when the new body just hit. Wholesale on that truck is $47K, with a hell of a lot less miles.

Thanks guys i thought it was way high, just wanted to check with the experts. The taxi registration out of pebble beach also bothered me. I think they have a $50K vehicle that they are trying to get $60K for because they certified it and they are a Lexus dealer. or they want to make someone feel good about their tradein

special edition LX has "extra" what the base model LCs have in other countries.

Yep, those chrome door handles on the "special edition" are standard on the white $35K base model overseas w/ the steel wheels and vinyl, flip down 3rd row seats. And the air scoop on the USA "sport edition" 4runner hoods is actually the air intake for the turbo intercooler overseas. It's just US marketers have cleverly relabelled it and ask for way more money than its worth.

And yes, $61K is way too high, IMHO. A new LC200 is around $72K, maybe you could fanagle a better deal w/ gas at $4/gal, but most buyers in the premium SUV market don't care if gas is $3 or $5/gal.

Yep, those chrome door handles on the "special edition" are standard on the white $35K base model overseas w/ the steel wheels and vinyl, flip down 3rd row seats. And the air scoop on the USA "sport edition" 4runner hoods is actually the air intake for the turbo intercooler overseas. It's just US marketers have cleverly relabelled it and ask for way more money than its worth.

And yes, $61K is way too high, IMHO. A new LC200 is around $72K, maybe you could fanagle a better deal w/ gas at $4/gal, but most buyers in the premium SUV market don't care if gas is $3 or $5/gal.

Oh, I didn't realize it had the chrome door handles. That alone adds at least $5K! :grinpimp:

What kind of pricing do you guys see on the 06/07 LX/LC's around the country. talkin low mileage under 20K miles. I've looked at autotrader for an idea but that is askin prices which could be $10K over the real world of what it will sell for.

Are you thinking of trading the 4runner for a LX?

Just want to be uptodate on them incase I can steal one :) figure a lot of them are being traded for the 08's and i figure in the middle of summer when gas gets even higher the last thing most people will be looking for is a big heavy SUV and I might take advantage. So i want to stay current

I've ridden in the Pebble Beach LX. It's basically a taxi...do you want an ex-taxi?

I've ridden in the Pebble Beach LX. It's basically a taxi...do you want an ex-taxi?

No I won't by this LX but I thought it was interesting that a Lexus dealer would buy this certify it and then ask top dollar $61K for a 2007 with almost 32K miles. Being used as a taxi wouldn't you say it also idled for extended hours? also being in pebble beach it had to be exposed to a lot of salt water spray off the ocean? Can you tell me how they use a LX as a taxi? Is it a high dollar hotel or just a taxi service? I want to pimp this dealer and that info would be fun to use. thanks

Being near the ocean will result in corrosion. Like I said in another thread, a buddy of mine who lives on the clifftop in La Jolla parked his LC outdoors for 1.5 yrs. Everything on the exterior or in the engine compartment that was bare metal and not stainless rusted, plus the tailgate started to rust. And this is in sunny San Diego, and he is the original owner of the vehicle.

I've seen a number of 2006's with 20-30K going for $38-$42K. Nearly perfect condition with all options. I would like to find an 06/07 without AHC which is tough. Although I won't be ready to buy until 2009. Who knows what will happen to prices between now and then.

No I won't by this LX but I thought it was interesting that a Lexus dealer would buy this certify it and then ask top dollar $61K for a 2007 with almost 32K miles. Being used as a taxi wouldn't you say it also idled for extended hours? also being in pebble beach it had to be exposed to a lot of salt water spray off the ocean? Can you tell me how they use a LX as a taxi? Is it a high dollar hotel or just a taxi service? I want to pimp this dealer and that info would be fun to use. thanks
The one I rode in was used as a shuttle at the lodge. They offer free rides around the facility, and to the surrounding neighborhoods. Sort of a hospitality-car idea. Yes, I would say it has not been beaten on like an NYC taxi, but has probably sat idling for hours at a time and a lot of start-stop driving. The car would likely be a good driver, but not at 61k. '06 LX's on eBay with similar mileage (that are selling) are fetching mid 40's. There are not a ton of 07s out there yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom