2007 LC navigation DVD drive location? (1 Viewer)

I have a 2007 Land Cruiser with the factory navigation. I bought a generation 4 map upgrade DVD off of eBay, thinking it'd be a simple pop-in-the-disk deal. Silly me.

For the life of me I cannot figure out where the navigation DVD drive is located. In previous series 100s I gather that it was located under the front passenger seat. I looked under there and under the driver's seat and all I see are motors for the power seat mechanisms. Similarly nothing in the glovebox, in the rear cargo area compartments (jack and toolset in one, jumper cables in other), or anywhere I can fathom.

Any help would be appreciated... The graphics on my navigation certainly seem generation 4-ish (as compared to my wife's old 2006 Prius with generation 5 navigation), but I'm starting to wonder whether the listing of only 2004-2006 Land Cruisers on the generation 4 lists wasn't an accident.

aging fleet

Out adjusting my torsion bars
It's under the front passenger side seat, you access it from the backseat. There is a plastic cover you'll need to remove, then the DVD drive has a door that slides open which gives you access to the eject button. It will all make sense once you have the cover removed and you shine a flashlight on the DVD drive.

Thanks for the confirmation. It got me to look again and I found it. Scooting the passenger seat all the way forward proved to be key.

Series%2B100%2BGeneration%2B4%2Bnavigation%2BDVD%2Bupdate%2B-%2B2

Series%2B100%2BGeneration%2B4%2Bnavigation%2BDVD%2Bupdate%2B-%2B1

These upward-facing "screws" are plastic, and the clearance of the seat forced me to use the bit but not handle from a multi-piece screwdriver.

Series%2B100%2BGeneration%2B4%2Bnavigation%2BDVD%2Bupdate%2B-%2B3

NB: the sliding eject switch goes all the way to the left, and I think it only power-ejects when the power is on.

Series%2B100%2BGeneration%2B4%2Bnavigation%2BDVD%2Bupdate%2B-%2B4

Out with the old, in with the new.

Series%2B100%2BGeneration%2B4%2Bnavigation%2BDVD%2Bupdate%2B-%2B5

After I popped in the new disc I was presented with this, then the disclaimer screen, then a newly updated set of maps. Still same old crappy graphics but now my built-up-around-2005 neighborhood actually exists in the minds of the mapmakers. (Of course, I'm moving to a truly brand new neighborhood in about 6 months from now, which won't make it to the map update for another few years yet...)

I just bought the same DVD from EBay. How is it working? I was a little nervous with installing a non-oem navigation DVD, so I'm hoping yours is working fine :)

I just bought the same DVD from EBay. How is it working? I was a little nervous with installing a non-oem navigation DVD, so I'm hoping yours is working fine :)
I saw two listings: one for a claimed OEM disc at $45 and another non-OEM with no photo for $35 or $40. I went for the high-brow claimed OEM one. It has been working fine so far--only complaint was that the CD case had a little crack from trauma within its padded envelope en route to me.

anyone know if the factory wiring in this location can be cannibalized to power a USB charger for the rear seats? basically some acc power.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom