GM 2007 Chevy Malibu transmission fluid everywhere (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi , I was driving on the interstate and accelerated to pass a car I kicked it down but didn’t have much get up and go , I exited on my exit and pulled up to the stop light. Green light go... but couldn’t go I couldn’t move only thing was moving was my rpm’s as I hit the gas. I had no gears. With help of a friend we pushed the car through the lights and into a parking lot, popped the hood and there was transmission fluid everywhere , even had it dripping down the front bumper from the headlight , red tranny fluid. Smelt nothing burning and nothing was smoking.
My check engine light was on for maybe a half of day but went off on its own and later this occurred. My car has never shifted hard slipped squealed grinded or shifted in any way to warn me the tranny needed attention. I’m assuming my transmission is empty because it’s all over under the hood but why ?? What can I check what would cause this ?? Help please thanks in advance for any opinions given.. 🤞🏼

First thing to check is where it came from. Under hood at the front and I'd guess that you ruptured either the trans cooler or a line going to/from it.

OP hasn't been back since February and this was his only post.