2006 Trail Ride Schedule (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
It is that time of year again - we need to put together a trail ride schedule. :bounce: :bounce2:

Submit your ideas here for trails and times to go.

This is very General, but These are some ideas of trails I would like to Go to this year..

some of the obvious close ones

Eagle Rock/Saran Wrap
China Wall

Holy Cross
Iron Chest (These 3 could make a good Long weekend)
Chinamans

RedCone
Wheeler Lake

Blanca

What about a weekend trip to Blanca this summer. Hope its not closed. Bet we could talk Norm into it.:cheers:

you guys down that way ever hear if hacket or longwater gulch is gonna open back up and when?

I've been keeping a close eye on these trails. From what I gather they are still closed :crybaby:

I may have my facts wrong, but I think the forest service was trying to get teller county to take over upkeep of these trails. There was also some deal a while ago about raising funds to put up some gates. They needed $3k and over $3k was raised.

There is a lot of info in the Land Use section over at colorado4x4.org but here are some excerpts

The Teller County Commissioners are VERY supportive of the off road community. Everyone should thank them for their support. They believe the economic impact of the off road community will be very benefical to Teller County.

As soon as the FS finalizes the easement agreement with Teller County, we will get to put up the gates at the beginning of the trails. Then they will let us know when we can start to do trail maintenance to bring the trails up to safety standards agreed upon by Teller and FS.

So it sounds like Teller co is committed to working with us on getting them open again. I hope to help in any way possible.

You guys have it so good out there. Out here we don't have "trails". Most of the wheeling out here is private land. The one public OHV site is 3 hours from the cities. Don't get me wrong, it's better than nothing. I'm just looking forward to wheeling 30mins from home :bounce:

We will have the club meeting tonight at 7:00PM. I will bring all the suggestions to the meeting tonight. Hope to see you all there. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom