craigslist 2006 time capsule with 56k miles on FB Marketplace (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

No affiliation with this vehicle, but it was posted last night on FB Marketplace in Burlington, NC. Looks like a steal if the Carfax checks out and it's not a scam. I want to pass it along to Mud as FB Marketplace isn't a frequently used classified medium for these trucks. Good luck!

2006 Toyota Land Cruiser - Cars, Trucks & Motorcycles - Burlington, North Carolina - Marketplace | Facebook

IMG_4614.jpg

I viewed this truck earlier at a small used car lot in north Durham earlier (exterior only as the business was closed). It is a real car and I took pics for a member who asked me to check it out. I did not go so far as to verify the vin, pull a carfax or anything else.

I'll be happy to share my thoughts and pics if the member I mentioned above decides to pass.

I viewed this truck earlier at a small used car lot in north Durham earlier (exterior only as the business was closed). It is a real car and I took pics for a member who asked me to check it out. I did not go so far as to verify the vin, pull a carfax or anything else.

I'll be happy to share my thoughts and pics if the member I mentioned above decides to pass.

Individual whom I viewed the truck for has decided to pass. See here for pics I took --> 2006 100 series It was a bright day and I had to use a flashlight to get halfway decent pics.

Exterior is in good condition but not as good as I would typically expect for such a low mileage example to be in; however, I am very meticulous (verge of OCD). It was recently 'detailed' but not by a professional. There was wax on trim pieces and was a general half ass job...but was detailed none the less. There were some localized ares with chips/scratches but overall I was impressed with the lack of door dings, etc. The door handle cups were significantly marked by fingernails/jewelry/whatever. There appeared to have maybe been an attempt to enter the driver's door from b/w the A pillar/roof line (see pics).

The interior looked nice, including the drivers seat (as viewed from the window). The amount of wear (or lack thereof) for the front seat leather was what I would expect on a 56k mile vehicle. I could not see the back/3rd row seats or the floorboards/carpet to comment on them.

The wheel wells looked very clean and had me thinking that maybe the underside was in the same condition; however, this was not the case. The level of rust on the frame, axles, suspension and underside of the body was an accurate representation of what one would expect from a vehicle that lived in the NE for 12 years. While I don't think the rust was severe enough to warrant a safety concern, a prospective buyer would be wise to consider including the cost to address said rust into the purchase price. Both front CV Joints were leaking but I consider this a win from a rust perspective and the insides of the lower control arms were fairly rust free.

All in all, while I'm not an active buyer for a 100 series, the listed dealer price (I didn't view the FB listing...don't do FB) is definitely high based on condition even taking into account the low miles. If I was in the market for a truck I'd prefer an example in better condition and detailed maintenance history even if that meant more miles. Leather seat covers are much easier to replace compared to...

I had a buyers inspection performed on this truck at Mark Jacobson Toyota and had been talking with Kevin, the listing dealer, for a couple of weeks.

The inspection revealed a hole in the muffler, leaking CV boot(s), and front wiper replacement.

At the end of the day, I backed away because my gut told me that things were not adding up. Coming across this thread and the Facebook post only adds to me feeling good about that decision.

Can’t say I think they’re running a particularly tight shop. There were like 3 different guys selling it on FB all at different price points, in addition to multiple CL listings. Called yesterday and they said it had sold. It does appear to have come down off their website as well. Used Cars Durham NC | Used Cars & Trucks NC | Save Time Motors

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom