2006 LX470 with Factory Winch (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
that is all :D
LX470winch.jpg

Is this one of those secret spy shots?

thats just too cool that you can get a new Lexus with a winch :cheers:

@player
nope, it's one of those LX470's you can buy at the Lexus dealership in Kuwait :D

@Arleaux
sorry about the quality, I took the pic with my cell phone.. I used to have a factory winch on my 100.. take a look at post #16 here for better pics of it..

@Landpimp
cool indeed.. the factory winch is very common on LCs.. this is the first time I've seen it out of the showroom on a lexus.. they even offer them on the 70 series :)

Prolly OEM Toyota(like others before it), my guess is 8-10k.

Greg B said:
Siglo,
That's pretty cool; what brand of winch is it and what size is it? Just curious what size winch Toyota recomends for the 100.

@Greg
If I'm not mistaken it's a 4000kg winch (about 8800lbs).. the controller had Toyota printed on it IIRC.. mine is all greased, wrapped up and stored so it's kind off a pain to check the make etc.. come to think of it, I don't remember wrapping the solenoid/control unit with it.. it's probably lost now :doh:

if I end up there anytime soon to check for the solenoid I'll try to see if it has the make or anything on it..

I didn't check the make of the Toyota winch in storage, however, I've found the next best thing in my room today.. Toyota's winch remote.. it seems that the at least the remote is made by a company called Tokai Rika

http://www.tokai-rika.co.jp/en/index.html

you can see from the pics that the remote has two part numbers..

cont-1.jpg

cont-2.jpg

Sweet!

I think so, my old Toyota PTO has TEQ on it, never seen a winch that was just like it. Toyota uprigh winches are a close(but different) copy of the Warn 8274. the low mount Toyota winchs again look kinda like a Warn....but are not. So yes I would say Toyota makes the winches.

Greg B said:
So, Toyota actually makes winches? They didn't just take another brand and put their logo on it? If so, that's pretty impressive.

The remote looks like the usa mini-truck version, plus it has the 35xxx number which is usally mini truck if I am not mistaken. The same part number may have been shared with the Land Cruiser electric winches. Some of the electric winches may have been built by Aisin... so you can imagine the quality! Note the overtemp warning light on the remote... Thermometric(sp?) 25 years ago.

actauly I thnk they were built by Aisin.......now that you mention it.

bjowett said:
The remote looks like the usa mini-truck version, plus it has the 35xxx number which is usally mini truck if I am not mistaken. The same part number may have been shared with the Land Cruiser electric winches. Some of the electric winches may have been built by Aisin... so you can imagine the quality! Note the overtemp warning light on the remote... Thermometric(sp?) 25 years ago.

Thats cool. Wish I could see stuff like that on our show room:rolleyes: Are those Toyota winches available over here in the US??

How much does this cost at the dealer in Kuwait :confused:

Prasad
Houston, tx

couldnt one just get the partnumber pretaining to the winch system and get them imported here to the states?

Somewhere I saw that the winches are made by a third party manufacturer like Aisin or Kubota (probably Aisin as Landpimp says). Just because it says toyota on it doesn't mean it's made by Toyota. My father-in-law in Hokkaido only buys toyota products and tells me they once tried to build diesel engines, but they sucked, so they have Hino build them. Hino makes primarily commercial diesel vehicles (buses, etc.). His Toyota Dyna 4wd TD flatbed is made entirely by Hino, just rebadged w/ the toyota emblem on the hood.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom