2006 LX470 Steering Rack OEM part number issue (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ah, ok, so I need to get the LX specific:
44250601201$ 955.66GEAR ASSEMBLY, POWER STEERING(FOR RACK & PINION)
Its not so much the LX vs. Land Cruiser, but different Year Models use different steering racks because they changed the mounts. Mine is a '99 LX470, later year models used a rack that attaches a slightly different way. So the rack for mine would not fit yours.

Its not so much the LX vs. Land Cruiser, but different Year Models use different steering racks because they changed the mounts. Mine is a '99 LX470, later year models used a rack that attaches a slightly different way. So the rack for mine would not fit yours.
Ah, ok, thanks for clarifying.
I just wanted to buy the Toyota part as it's much cheaper. I wonder if it's possible to find a remanufactured rack somewhere.....

Yeah I was in the same boat. You could look at the 2006 Land Cruiser rack as an option too. My issue was my Indy really stressed having the correct part for them to install. Since they were being gracious enough to let me supply the part (saved me over $1k) I figured I should just get the correct OEM part. The place confirmed using my VIN it was correct so be sure to buy from a place that will confirm that too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom