2006 LX470 Fully Loaded. Should I...? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Recently had to put down my '99 do to a poor diagnosis from the insurance adjuster. Sooo I am shopping, again.

I came across a 2006 LX470 FULLY loaded including night vision, rear headrest entertainment etc. 1 owner well serviced only a couple very minor cosmetic issues. Bone stock, 172K miles for $15k and its due for timing belt. Dealer wont budge on price. It's black with tan interior (I do not like black ext and really do like tan int).

I am aware of the changes from year to year though not necessarily experienced with them all (VVTi, 5 speed tranny, AHC etc.).

Also, I was able to salvage my Gamiviti rack, WKOR sliders and BIOR dual swing rear from the '99 to either sell or jumpstart my new (3rd) Hundy build.

Fishing for opinions and input from the gang, so please - let's hear 'em.
I also am gaining interest in the GX series.

[On a completely different subject - I also found this while shopping 1992 JDM TOYOTA LAND CRUISER PRADO TURBO DIESEL 4WD ]

Last edited:
If the night vision is a selling point to you, make sure the windshield is factory Lexus otherwise the option won't function.

If the night vision is a selling point to you, make sure the windshield is factory Lexus otherwise the option won't function.

EVERYTHING works as it should.

I would not buy a vehicle in a color I do not like.

RIP your 99. what happened? looks like it held up well.

15k for a lx470 with that few miles is a steal. I paid 15,500 for an 07lx470 with 260k miles. black w tan is a great color combo IMO. Check for rust and a clean car fax/ no roll backs. My experience with dealers is they usually know what they have and will charge a premium price i.e. 2k over the same truck with a private seller.

:meh:

Why? 4.7LV8 Prado.

Just me not preferring anything other than the LC or LX. If having the choice, I can't imagine choosing a GX or a LC/LX.

Just me not preferring anything other than the LC or LX. If having the choice, I can't imagine choosing a GX or a LC/LX.

Shhhh...Its really a trick. My wife is hitting me up for a Cadillac and I'm trying to redirect her to the GX :devil:

I bought a 2006 LC - Black/Tan, Stock, 195K miles - for $11.5K a couple months ago. Was smoked in and no sign of any timing belt service, one owner but I think it was impounded and sold by a government entity due to a crime? Not sure why they had it. Many records of service through 110K miles, but not much after that. So, issues but a good price.

I bought a 2006 LC - Black/Tan, Stock, 195K miles - for $11.5K a couple months ago. Was smoked in and no sign of any timing belt service, one owner but I think it was impounded and sold by a government entity due to a crime? Not sure why they had it. Many records of service through 110K miles, but not much after that. So, issues but a good price.

Is it the true "fully loaded" model? I've seen a couple others around the 14-15k price that arent.

Recently sold our '06 LX with 177k miles in excellent condition, rare cypress pearl for full asking price of $15,800. Then bought another '06 LX in silver with 217K mile with one mile on a new timing belt and in even better condition than other one except perhaps the rear globes....for $11,500

Recently sold our '06 LX with 177k miles in excellent condition, rare cypress pearl for full asking price of $15,800. Then bought another '06 LX in silver with 217K mile with one mile on a new timing belt and in even better condition than other one except perhaps the rear globes....for $11,500
What do you think about the night vision? Does it have the in headrest DVD system?

Mine does not have either but does have the DVD player behind sunroof. Not too familiar with the night vision option other than must have the Lexus windshield and could prove problematic with insurance companies having to pay $1500ish versus $300

Mine does not have either but does have the DVD player behind sunroof. Not too familiar with the night vision option other than must have the Lexus windshield and could prove problematic with insurance companies having to pay $1500ish versus $300

I am not familiar with insurance companies having issues with the higher replacement cost. Ha ha my friend had an ES300H when it first came out. He drove it probably 30k miles a year and had several replacement windows at 2400 each. Insurance company never flinched.

To the OP, at about 15k I would say do it. You can always toss the parts you have on the new car and then just sell it for a what you have in it if you don't like it. It would probably make it easier to sell your parts anyway. I have always found color to be something that doesn't really get noticed after a while. After a few months, it just it what you have. I would lean towards a Cruiser over a GX any day too.

He drove it probably 30k miles a year and had several replacement windows at 2400 each. Insurance company never flinched.

WOW!! A few years ago I had windshield replaced on my 2000 LX and insurance company asked about it costing $1300 because is never had before. Usually around $300. Apparently the company used a Lexus/Toyota windshield (non night vision) instead of usual aftermarket. A few days ago my in-law used Safelite to replace the windshield in their '01 LX (and has been a nightmare) and said their insurance company would not pay for the higher priced Lexus windshield (non night vision)

The issue with my friend was the vehicle was new and there was no aftermarket replacement yet. Being a current model year new Lexus with all of the safety cameras, light measuring camera, rain sensors and (maybe) night vision it was crazy expensive. Anyone who puts miles in a snow state can understand that windshields are a maintenance item. Ha ha at least one every other year! In the case of the night vision windshields there isn't an aftermarket option... So they get lucky and receive the private reserve goodies at well prices.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom