2006 LX470 Front Wheel(s) Suddenly Locked Up (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'd take this as an incentive to keep the fluid in there clean and topped up. I change the rear, xfer and front differentials all at the same time - and the fluid in the front is always substantially darker. Could be just my imagination, but this seems like a 'please change me more often' request that I am happy to oblige.

I'd take this as an incentive to keep the fluid in there clean and topped up. I change the rear, xfer and front differentials all at the same time - and the fluid in the front is always substantially darker. Could be just my imagination, but this seems like a 'please change me more often' request that I am happy to oblige.
Yea, no kidding and lesson learned. I purchased the car from a dealer who claimed a full service top to bottom but I was foolish in not taking the time to check everything. I grew up in an auto shop and know how badly things go when servicing isn't kept up. Got lazy....and stupid.

Reactions: MJK
Yea, no kidding and lesson learned. I purchased the car from a dealer who claimed a full service top to bottom but I was foolish in not taking the time to check everything. I grew up in an auto shop and know how badly things go when servicing isn't kept up. Got lazy....and stupid.
I would check for a clogged vent hose and some type of leak around the diff cover or tube that allowed the lube to reach a dangerously low level. Seals leak but there is still a lip that will maintain some level of lubricant, albeit at a lower than recommended level.

Reactions: MJK

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom