2006 LX470 - Electrical (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
2006 LX470 Electrical -
Good morning all...I need some help...I went to start my '06LX yesterday and it has no electrical power. The key fob opened the doors. I put key in ignition and steering wheel moved and dash lights came on. As soon as I turned the key to crank it, everything shut down and died in a blink. Now no power at all...no door locks, lights, or dash????? Any Ideas or suggestions are much appreciated - Thanks.

Battery, have limited useful life.

As vehicle sits, battery lose charge. Also if headlight switch left in auto, it draws power/charge from battery. (see owners manual)

Batteries need regular servicing:

Batteries post and clamps need cleaning. I use baking soda and water to first clean white crusty (acid). Baking soda neutralizer acid. I also clean post along with clamp and grease with white lithium grease.

The battery terminal block may also need clean or replacing.

Years of neglect damaged below terminal & block. Someone replace positive terminal clamp, but stop short of replacing terminal block or properly cleaning. Now resistance has built-up in terminals, inhibiting alternators ability to charge. If battery not fully charged or keep stored at full charge, they sulfate. Then they will not accept a full charge.

Someone added a large washer with new terminal, trying to make-up surface area of copper that acid ate away. Now 3 battery in a row have gone bad in 2 years.
IMG_0339.JPEG

IMG_0340.JPEG

Terminal block is full of acid, from years of not service battery. Damage is now to far along for cleaning. Replacement is needed
IMG_0341.JPEG

IMG_0345.JPEG

Battery, have limited useful life.

As vehicle sits, battery lose charge. Also if headlight switch left in auto, it draws power/charge from battery. (see owners manual)

Batteries need regular servicing:

Batteries post and clamps need cleaning. I use baking soda and water to first clean white crusty (acid). Baking soda neutralizer acid. I also clean post along with clamp and grease with white lithium grease.

The battery terminal block may also need clean or replacing.

Years of neglect damaged below terminal & block. Someone replace positive terminal clamp, but stop short of replacing terminal block or properly cleaning. Now resistance has built-up in terminals, inhibiting alternators ability to charge. If battery not fully charged or keep stored at full charge, they sulfate. Then they will not accept a full charge.

Someone added a large washer with new terminal, trying to make-up surface area of copper that acid ate away. Now 3 battery in a row have gone bad in 2 years.
View attachment 2547324

View attachment 2547310
Terminal block is full of acid, from years of not service battery. Damage is now to far along for cleaning. Replacement is needed
View attachment 2547313
View attachment 2547320
Thank you for this info! The battery is new but cleaning the terminals and replacing if damaged is something I’ll look at when I get home.

See a lot of battery issue these days, with many driving so less frequent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom