SOLD 2006 LX470 (158k)- $14,950 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

SOLD. Thanks for your interest.

I am offering my 2006 Lexus LX470 for sale. It has 158,022 miles with a Cypress Pearl (6T7) exterior and Parchment leather interior. It has never been in an accident and the body and interior are in excellent condition. I am the second owner of the vehicle and have owned it since May 2009. The vehicle is rock solid and drives beautifully. Honestly, this has been the best car I’ve ever owned…I hope my new LX can live up to this one.

The overwhelming impression one has when looking at the vehicle is that it is much newer than its age would suggest. The car is clean and straight, it’s door and panel fitment is spot on, the paint is in great condition and is in very, very good condition.

I have had the vehicle serviced every 5K and always followed the Lexus service schedule. Hennessy Lexus Gwinnett (Duluth, GA) and Milton Martin Toyota (Gainesville, GA) performed all service. I have all of the service, repair and tire change records.

New Michelin Defender tires were added on 3/9/18 at 148,770 miles. I have averaged 35,000 miles on a set of tires. YMMV.

The only mechanical issue I’ve had was a failed water pump seal in 2011 (67,000) that was covered under warranty.

The car has never been smoked in and the interior (carpets, headliner, trim, etc.) is in great condition. I have kept Weather Tech All Weather floor mats in it and that has preserved the carpet. The front and second row leather seats are in excellent condition…no tears or stains, with minimal creasing on driver’s entry point. It has been my personal vehicle since retiring and has been kept free from “mess makers”. It has never been off roaded. It has been 100% garage kept which has kept the paint in great condition.

The vehicle has a few minor cosmetic issues that include several small paint chips around the front end from normal road debris, two small dings (you have to look hard to find them) that can probably be popped out, and a few parking lot door smudges. I’m confident that a good detailer could eliminate or minimize most of this. I will try to photograph all of these, but will happily point them out to you. There’s some chrome flaking on the wheels. The headlights have a number of scratches in the outer lenses.

The vehicle comes with a third row seat that has been in my storage since 2009.

This was a Florida vehicle before I owned it. It’s spent life since then in north Georgia.

Vehicle includes Bluetooth wireless calling (does not support streaming audio), CD changer, cassette player, Sirius XM radio and navigation. But by today’s standards, the car’s “infotainment” capabilities are dated. Heated seats work great and the AC will freeze you out.

To the best of my knowledge all of the mechanical systems (engine, transmission, Heat/AC, electronics, etc.) are operating correctly and the vehicle is in need of nothing. I took it on a 200 mile, rainy/snowy mountain drive this week and we felt safe and comfortable. The LX470 performed perfectly.

DSCF1835.jpg

Last edited:
Wow...lots of interest. I've taken a deposit from a qualified buyer and expect to close this in a day or two. Thanks for looking!

Thanks. My strategy was to present it well, price it fairly and sell it quickly. Interesting note for future sellers...this forum produced the same number of inquiries as my Craigslist ad and those are free. Auto trader was distant third, though it may have taken longer to get up and running. Inquiries from this forum were all serious and appeared to be legit. I was impressed, I've sold motorcycles before and the forums weren't very productive.

Last edited:
SOLD. Many thanks to the forum members who showed great interest in this LX470. The new owner plans to use it as a "tow-behind' vehicle with his family's RV. They'll be touring the US and promised to send me pics of my LX in cool places. I regret I couldn't have had a barn full of these; there's a small but passionate following of these future classics and several folks shared stories of searching for months to find a nice one. People offered to pay over my asking price if I'd back out on the buyer...that wouldn't be nice, now would it?

Last edited:
SOLD. Many thanks to the forum members who showed great interest in this LX470. The owner plans to use it as a "tow-behind' vehicle with his family's RV. They'll be touring the US and promised to send me pics of my LX in cool places. I regret I couldn't have had a barn full of these; there's a small but passionate following of these future classics and several folks shared stories of searching for months to find a nice one. People offered to pay over my asking price if I'd back out on the buyer...that wouldn't be nice, now would it?

I’m glad you didn’t!!! It would have been the third time its happened to me. Looking forward to getting it!! Thx Bob

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom