SOLD 2006 LX470 130k $16800 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Selling the LX470 my wife has been driving in favor of something a little more economic as it's her daily. The 80 is sufficient for our LC needs for now.

Bought this truck in December of 2017 from a local broker. The title is in my name and clear.

130*** miles. No mechanical issues whatsoever. Drives perfectly. There are some minor cosmetic issues. Driver's side has some small areas where the clear coat needs touched up. Passenger side doors were keyed previous to my owning the truck. The scratch was covered up using touch up paint. A detail shop could sort this out for the perfectionist buyer.

New tires put on by broker before purchase. These are pictured in the Flickr album

Recent maintenance/repairs:

Feb 12th, 2018:

Airbag recall (sensor)
4 wheel alignment incl. torsion bar adjustment
Synthetic oil change (5w-30)
Replaced rear rotors, pads and shims

Feb 28th, 2018:

Replaced,
Timing belt
Water pump
Thermostat
Thermostat housing and seals
Fan bracket assembly (bearing)
Fan belt
Both idlers
Tensioner

7/28/18

Synthetic oil change (5w-30)

Screenshots of current Carfax: LX470 Carfax

Truck is posted locally on CL as well as my club forum. Will be sold to first serious buyer.

Will also supply Carfax if needed.

Album with more pictures:
LX470

20180923_125234.jpg

20180923_125819.jpg

20180923_130334.jpg

20180923_125302.jpg

20180923_130629.jpg

Last edited:
Hey MDJ,
Just saw the click through on the pics. That clear coat peeling in all those spots is a problem at this price, I think. And its pretty unusual for an 11 year old LC/LX. The bumper looks like it has been repainted, and not a good paint job. Which raises the questions of if other panels have been repainted? Has the door and quarter panel been repainted?

Last edited:
Sir,

The truck has no reported accidents on it's Carfax and has not been repainted in any way to my knowledge. The paint peeling on the rear bumper is from someone backing into the truck at a daycare center. All doors are original, all panels original. Peeling clear coat is not always caused by a bad paint job. Many factors play into it.

Thank you for your concern.

Hi MDJ- Are you going to post the carfax? And do you have service records from previous owners?

On the paint, reported to carfax accident don't always tell the story. For paint, there is a meter to determine thickness and therefore if there have been repaint. There are many reasons for peeling clear coat, yes. But on an 11 year old Toyota, it is unusual and some explanation is warranted. That is why I asked.

As stated in the ad, it was purchased from a broker. Thats the eqivalent of a private dealer. They don't give out previous owner service records at those types of sales. I have no service records besides the ones posted and what is in the Carfax.

As for the paint, take it or leave it. I have no plans nor the time to have the paint checked. We drive the truck daily. I'm going by the Carfax report, period.

I'm not sure if you realize this, but you're making it sound like I'm hiding something from you by saying ''an explaination is warranted'. I hav no interest in deceiving you or anyone else and I'm not trying to make a quick buck '''flipping' the truck as you ensued in your last PM. It's a good, reliable, well maintained truck up for sale ($1000 less than originally posted for, mind you) for a fair price in my opinion.

You have not made any kind of realistic offer, just danced around some fading clear coat and what you believe to be a bad paint job. Clear coat fades...come look at my 80 series, bud. My neighbor's '04 100 has fading clear coat too. It happens to cars all the time, no matter what your opinion on the matter.

So, if you'd like to make me a realistic offer for the truck as pictured in the ad and not make illegitimate claims, we can move forward.

Kindly make your offer privately, please.

The carfax link doesn't work. Makes you sign in and then prompts you to buy a carfax report. The rest I'll address later.

Last edited:
Dude, you need to get out of this man's for sale thread.

He's being way too patient IMO. Take your recommendations else where or go PM.

Great looking cruiser btw. Fairly priced IMO. GLWS.

Hey plane, wtf, you think its out of line to ask for the carfax? You might want to browse through the for sale listings and see how they work.

Carfax no longer allows for sharing of actual links to the Carfax. This was not the case the last time I sold purchased a vehicle.

I took screenshots of the Carfax and made a Flickr album. It is linked below the recent maintenance listed in the ad. Sorry for the confusion.

Joe, I would doubt that he is thinking you're out of line to ask for the Carfax and I'm sure he knows that asking for one is commonplace. Not just on Mud, but everywhere. I would guess he's referring to you trolling the sale thread, despite my asking you not to privately. You're tire-kicking, man.

The truck is for sale as-is.

MDJ-You didn't reply on PM, so I posted the history question here. He's mistaken about how this forum works. It is like the clubGwagen forum or Bring A Trailer. You really should look through the comments on for sale posts. What you are calling trolling is the way this board operates, with input and critique from members. I like that myself. Some forums do not operate like that. Calguns.net comes to mind. I prefer the transparency of this type of marque forum.

Josif - All of your posts are in the Classifieds section. You have been here for 3 years "looking" for a vehicle. I don't think you know how this forum works. It's like you patrol here - sometimes positive statement sometimes like wtf?? Are you actually looking for a land cruiser or just lost?

drnls- I was looking for an 80. Changed the search to a g Wagon. Then just recently started considering a 100 after riding in a friend’s 100.

In the meantime I sold a pristine 93 LE Miata and bought a Porsche.

Should I check with you on my future plans and buying strategy as far as a truck? Wtf. Lol

Last edited:
PS: I think the 100 classified might be a very different place than the 80 and 60 classified.

Flagged and reported for? Asking public questions on a for sale listing? Admins @Mace @Romer @woody. Please contact me. I have checked all sources on forums and am not clear on what rules I might have violated by asking questions in the thread. Thanks.

To be clear, I don't have a problem with people asking questions. That is silly. What I do have a problem with is derailing my for sale thread and filling it with banter about how a forum works vs. another. It's just simply not the place.

I have asked for it to stop both privately and here in the ad to no avail. Am I to just endure this constantly? I have answered all of the questions @Josif has asked to the best of my knowledge yet here we are, derailed again.

Frustrating.

Nice looking LX. GLWS! I hope to add a classic silver one to the fleet.

For all of the socially challenged people in this mockery of a for sale thread (if you have to wonder... its you), take the vin from the carfax provided by the OP and put it into the Lexus driver's site and you'll have service records from Lexus. Also, buy your own carfax if its that big of a deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom