2006 LX 470 Rear View Mirror Rattling. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.youtube.com
Recently I bought 06 LX and the rear view mirror is loose from the ball joint. The stem that is attached to the windshiled is tight but it is loose where the plastic ball joint is goes inside the mirror assembly. Does anyone know how to fix loose mirror? Thanks!

If its like mine (2006 lc) there is a “spring” that will need to be replaced. If I recall there is a thread somewhere discussing the procedures.

Fixed the rattling problem. It turned out to be the metal flexible plate that holds the mirror. I removed the flex plate and tweaked it with pliers and no more rattling.

IMG_0135.jpg

IMG_0136.jpg

IMG_0137.jpg

IMG_0138.jpg

IMG_0139.jpg

just wanted to say thanks for this post, I had the exact same issue and this helped me resolve it. i put a drop of blue loctite on all 3 screws, hopefully they will not come loose again. I also tweaked my spring just a bit with needlenose pliers so it fits in the black bracket more tightly.

just wanted to say thanks for this post, I had the exact same issue and this helped me resolve it. i put a drop of blue loctite on all 3 screws, hopefully they will not come loose again. I also tweaked my spring just a bit with needlenose pliers so it fits in the black bracket more tightly.
You’re welcome brother!

For people who tried this like me and ended up breaking the two little tabs on the side of the metal clips, I saved mine by using the same thread size but longer screws to replace the original screw after bending the clip to hold onto the base. the longer screw is pushing against the base plate ( don't push too hard it might damage the windshield) and kept my mirror from moving at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom