2006 lc VSC Trac off lights come on intermittently (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am not new to reading this forum but I am new to posting on it. I have been trouble shooting this problem for a while no with no answers. I think I have read about everything i can find. I am getting the VSC Trac off light, it's coming on no cel light or abs light, very randomly rain or shine, no codes. So I kinda exed out the sunroof problem. Also my P light in dash is working,I went to change it just bc I am running out of ideas its led built into the cluster no dice there. I read one about the diff lock sticking I have tried cycling the diff to see if it is stuck of course i thought it worked once but hasn't worked sense. I have checked the brake booster it cycles like it should. I have checked wires to the wheel sensors no brakes or bad spots i could find sensor don't look corroded.

So a big problem with this is everytime i try something i have to wait sometime hours some time a month to see if what i did worked. so i'll think it worked and it didn't.

Welcome to mud.

So many different issue can trip those. I've even seen a vacuum leak set them off. Watch to see if it happening in HWY turns.

I'd get hook up to tech stream and look for codes. If you don't have a cable to get in tech steam. Use a code read and see if anything shows up. Auto parts store will check codes for free.
Some reading:

BTW CDL in these stick if not use. Keep using and light should come on. A relay/switch in transfer case may hang up and light on dash doesn't come on. Yet CDL is engaged. To see if CDL engage, is tires bind on dry pavement. This is most noticeable when back up and turn steering wheel all the way to either direction.

Ok thank you, i will check the CDL bc now that you say that i remember a tire chirp when i pulled in the driveway the other day it was enough to notice but not enough to click in my head and i think the lights were on. Also i got an obdlink mx just bc of this problem and when the lights come on i can't get any codes. now i have to wait for them to come back on.

Mine was tracked down to a flakey USB phone charger. For whatever reason it would trigger the VSC / TRAC warning light but nothing else. Took me about a year to figure that one out.

Wow that's crazy how did you figure that out.

Just happened one day by coincindence... when I plugged my phone in the lights came on in about one minute once in the vehicle was in motion. Made me think and sure enough it was totally repeatable and I tried a different charger and worked fine. Somehow the crappy chinese USB charger was triggering the yaw sensor into a fault mode.

Took forever to finally realize, numerous trips to dealer, and I even replaced the yaw sensor. Never happened again since I threw that charger in the garbage.

Makes sense I have a FM transmitter plugged into mine. I use it 98 percent of the time. That's something to think about. Large amp draw? I worked the cdl this morning and I thinking it was stuck bc i couldn't hear it the first 5 times and I didn't get any lights. It seemed to free up. Do they wear out. I haven't seen much on them but I haven't looked yet either.

CDL has a relay/switch. They do go bad, but more often just get stuck from lack of use. Keep using it! This may help Center Diff Light Fix - My Experience

You should hear a relay in RH side foot well make sound as you press CDL button, every other press IIRC. It's very hard to hear so any other sounds in cab and you'll not hear. It also goes bad sometimes. Water entry down "A" pillar, can mess them up.

So update... It's been 8 days sense I have had lights on I crawled under the truck after reading previously mentioned post and unplugged check the wires on all the center diff sensors and have nothing we got in to leave for the braves game and got 5 miles and they came on. So we stoped at a gas station and I tried messing with the button to get it off no dice. I couldn't hear the actuator move I could hear the relay click. The wheels with the x comes on and off. Does the wheels with the x come on with the botton and the trac lights come on with the prox/sensor or are they all of the sensor. Wish I had a wire diagram and a and a some type of ladder logic.

All right everybody I did the sensor change for the center diff light just like the post. Didn't work. So I then read a post that it could be a sticky tb so I cleaned it and changed the spark plugs. Seemed to make the light less random now they come on after the car warms up and you drive it a while then turn it off and back on. The lights will come on as soon as the dash lights come on.

The X light means, your CDL is engaged (button is on). If no X and other lights come on. Then would be good to have codes read at any parts store.

There are no codes. And no cel light. Just the vsc, trac off light. Checked for codes. 0 codes.

Try different code reader. Scan everything!
If still no codes and CDL off and no ABS/brake issues. You've likely a short.
Also be alter to moisture, like rain or car wash changing condition of lights.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom