For Sale 2006 LC Slee built - Ready to Explore Reduced to $32K (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Up for sale is our 2006 Toyota Landcruiser, which has been thoughtfully configured for overland travel. Shown below are the specifications for all of the work that has been done to date.

Background

We have a second home in Teton Valley and decided in 2015 we wanted to explore the wilds of Idaho, Montana, and Wyoming. We fully embrace the overlanding lifestyle!

We purchased the vehicle in September 2015 from a Mercedes dealer in Columbia, SC (we live in Charleston, SC). Prior to purchase, the vehicle was inspected by LexTech Automotive in Charleston, which has an excellent reputation as an independent Toyota and Lexus service center (they do all the work on our 2012 LX570). We used the vehicle as our daily driver through May 2016, at which point we were confident that we had a mechanically sound vehicle and began the conversion process.

Our choices were based on quite a bit of research, discussions with Christo Slee, and other experts. We were appreciative of their input and combined their opinions into what worked for us. Being an engineer and owner of a renewable energy company, I started with requirements. Our goal was to safely travel to remote areas while being self-reliant. I have a saying – “I don’t seek trouble, but want to be able to get out of it!”. Our build decisions reflect how we intended to use the vehicle.

In May 2016, we completed the majority of the electrical work, custom drawer system, and roof rack in Charleston. We had the new tires installed and then shipped it the next day to Slee Offroad for the balance of the work. Slee completed the suspension, lighting, front bumper, and air compressor install. We flew to Denver after it was completed and christened the vehicle with a five day drive to our cabin in Victor, Idaho. On that first trip we did the Yampa Bench road in Dinosaur National Monument, explored the fossil fields in Kemmer, Wyoming, and checked out McCoy Creek area just west of the South fork of the Snake River. For five days we just grinned and remarked at how great a job Slee did in setting up our suspension to match our load.

Since we picked the vehicle up from Slee, we have driven about 9,000 miles. Our longest trip last summer was a seven day unsupported trip through the Frank Church Wilderness in central Idaho. Although we used the vehicle for a 10 day ski trip this past winter, it was stored inside from Thanksgiving until our return this summer. This summer we have done a few trips into the Salmon and Challis areas of Idaho. We attempted Railroad Ridge (highest accessible road in Idaho), but were met with a washed out road 1300-feet below the summit.

Did I mention that we have been tent camping in an awesome OZ-5? And while we love tent camping, we have decided that we want a bit safer way to explore Montana and Wyoming. Where we live is thick with Grizz and I had a sketchy sow/cub encounter last summer. As a result, we want to move to a Conqueror 440. The issue is power. We love the 100-series, but just feel we need some more guts to pull the trailer up and down the Tetons. So sadly, we have decided to offer “The Crusher” to a new owner that will respect and utilize her extraordinary capabilities.

The vehicle is white with tan interior, it has Nav, DVD, and trailer hitch, as was typical on cars imported to the SE. It is very clean underneath with very little rust (this was a big deal to me when sourcing a car). It was driven in the Columbia, SC area and has never seen saltwater or deicing salt. Mileage is currently about 163K. Third row seats are long gone!

Please contact me by phone at 484-459-8200 to discuss further, as I don’t have the time to answer questions on the forum. Priced fairly at $35K. I will provide detailed pictures and CARFAX to serious buyers. The specs speak for themselves. The car is currently in Victor, ID. I could help deliver to SLC, Denver, Bozeman, Boise, etc.

Major Service Items

· CV shafts – September 2015

· Alternator – May 2016

· T fittings – May 2016

· Greased drive shaft – May 2016

· Airbag recall completed – July 2017

o Dealer accidentally tripped drivers side front airbag, so it is new + seat belt tensioner and ECU (see post Air Bag Deployment During Tenaka Warranty Work ).

Electrical

· Slee battery trays for both primary and secondary battery

· Primary battery: Interstate 31P-AGM7, purchased 5/17/2016

· Secondary Battery: Interstate MT7-75DT, purchased 5/17/2016

· Blue Sea 100-amp fuses on both batteries

· Blue Sea Automatic Charging Relay (#7622) with remote switch – isolates start battery

· Blue Sea 8 circuit 30amp terminal block – mounted left rear of drawer boxes for auxiliary circuits

· Blue Sea Blade Fuse Block - used for refrigerator and inverter

· Blue Sea 80-amp circuit breaker – protects rear fuse panel

· ARB Surface mount threaded socket – for refrigerator

· Blue Sea m-series on-off switch – disconnects all circuits on second battery

· Xantrex 600 watt sine wave inverter – mounted right rear under drawer system

· Xantrex remote switch – allows remote operation as inverter is tough to access

Lighting

· ARB AR32 9” Intensity LED lights (one flood, one spot) – installed by Slee and wired to high beam switch with a bypass switch

· Headlights – high and low beam - upgraded to Sylvania Silverstar Ultrahigh performance Halgoens

· Rigid Dually/D2 Driving Lights installed in ARB bumper with Slee adapter kit – installed April 2017 when Slee kit became available

· ARB LED combo indicator/marker lights installed in bumper

· Amber lens covers for D2s

· All interior lights converted to LED

· Tail lights converted to LED

Tires/Suspension

· Stock 18” Toyota Rims

· 33” Nitto Terra Grapplers G2 (LT285 /65 R18 125R E1 BSW) – installed approx. June 1, 2016 before being shipped to Slee

· Old Man Emu Suspension – installed by Slee

o Front and Rear Shocks

o Heavy rear coil spring

o 2.5” Lift

o Torsion bar set

o Differential drop kit

o Adjustable upper control arms

Recovery

· ARB Air compressor with factory Toyota locker switch, wired to secondary battery – installed by Slee

· ARB Inflator with Braided Hose

· Hi-Lift Jack 48”

· Hi-Lift offroad base

· Hi-Lift Jack Lift Mate

· Axe

Exterior

· ARB front bumper with bull bar – installed by Slee

· Frontrunner Roofrack

o Extra long (extends in front of sunroof)

o Side rails

o Fuel can holder

o Fuel can

o Brackets for Hi-Lift

o Brackets for Axe

Interior

· Ram Mount for I-phone

· Gladiator Cargo Net

· ARB 50-quart Refrigerator with ARB hold down straps

· Custom drawer system with slide out aluminum trays which holds four Frontrunner Wolf Boxes

Last edited:
IMG_0099.JPG

Sounds like a great build. 35k is bit out of my reach but good luck with the sale!!

Possibly missed it - but what is the total mileage of the vehicle?

If you are a serious buyer then I will give you access to a BOX folder with many hi-res pictures. Feel free to call me at 484-459-8200 to discuss.

Rig has been in storage since August and our plans have changed for the summer of 2018. Reducing price to $32K

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom