2006 LC AC Fan (inside compartment) noise when running (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi guys, has anyone experienced this? The AC Fan runs fine I mean without any interruption but i gear a continuous squeal when it is rotating. What is the best way to fix this? it is very incontinent.

Last edited:
How old is your serp belt? How old is the tensioner pulley? When was fan bracket last replaced? Have you used stethoscope to definitively isolate noise to fan or could it be from another pulley?

How old is your serp belt? How old is the tensioner pulley? When was fan bracket last replaced? Have you used stethoscope to definitively isolate noise to fan or could it be from another pulley?

Sorry I meant to say AC fan inside the compartment.

Have you removed the fan and make sure there isn't any debris floating around in it?

Yes it is clean. I think the sound is probably coming from the motor. I feel bearings or something. Is there a way to oil the motor. I think brand new is not that expensive either.

Yes it is clean. I think the sound is probably coming from the motor. I feel bearings or something. Is there a way to oil the motor. I think brand new is not that expensive either.

Did you ever figure out what the issue was? I seem to have something similar, doesn’t happen all the time.

The fan needs to be changed or bearing needs to be lubed somehow if not replacing the fan with new. Mine is not that bad but it does rattle etc. I am planning to just get a new fan. Thats will take care of my next 15-20 years.

Last edited:
The fan needs to be changed or bearing needs to be lubed somehow if not replacing the fan with new. Mine is not that bad but it does rattle etc. I am planning to just get a new fan. Thats will take care of my next 15-20 years.
The bearings on the blower fan (ac fan) is sealed. When I took mine out to clean it I wanted to lube it but it is inside the plastic fan shroud and sealed. So i guess if mine starts making noise, it has to go and would need a new one.

The bearings on the blower fan (ac fan) is sealed. When I took mine out to clean it I wanted to lube it but it is inside the plastic fan shroud and sealed. So i guess if mine starts making noise, it has to go and would need a new one.

I was able to pry and pull off the white plastic fan blower, then removed a clip and a couple washer, then few drops of oil. Has been good for the past month.

*edit: just oiled the shaft.

I was able to pry and pull off the white plastic fan blower, then removed a clip and a couple washer, then few drops of oil. Has been good for the past month.

*edit: just oiled the shaft.
Awesome so it’s serviceable I thought it wasn’t. Would appreciate of you have photos, thanks!

I had little hope my fix was going to work, so didn’t document (sorry).

Used this thread as a guide:

Also watched a YouTube video on a guy taking one apart on a sienna.

I removed the spring clamp the pic on the thread above, then used a wooden handle to pry the bottom of the fan. Stopped when I could get my fingers under the bottom of the fan. Used my feet to hold the base and pulled like heck. Was fully ready to buy a new fan if needed. Once the fan is removed, there is clip around the shaft than I removed (it was a pain to reinstall), Not sure if this is actually necessary? I then took off a few washers and put 3-4 drips of oil down the shaft.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom