2006 Land Cruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am thinking about buying an 06 Land Cruiser with 150k on the clock. What are your thoughts on the compression? Its even, but is 155 on the low side?

I had it inspected, including a compression test that came back as follows:
1. Heater T needs replacing- part number: 88897-12210
2.. Compression Test:
1. 150
2. 155
3. 150
4. 155
5. 155
6. 155
7. 155
8. 155

Last edited:
Register the VIN in my carfax and see if it has service records.

Compression test being low isn’t the whole story. There’s a specific process really and not all follow it. The fact they’re even is good. s***. I just bought a 260k mile 06 LX without even asking if it actually ran and shifted through the gears. Kinda a miss on my part. But she runs and drives beautifully, a few worn out bushings and ball joints but I’d drive it anywhere, the LX is a beaut.

I wouldn’t worry if it has service records. I wouldn’t worry even if it didn’t.

Can you drive it?

Budget for some baselining too.

Register the VIN in my carfax and see if it has service records.

Compression test being low isn’t the whole story. There’s a specific process really and not all follow it. The fact they’re even is good. s***. I just bought a 260k mile 06 LX without even asking if it actually ran and shifted through the gears. Kinda a miss on my part. But she runs and drives beautifully, a few worn out bushings and ball joints but I’d drive it anywhere, the LX is a beaut.

I wouldn’t worry if it has service records. I wouldn’t worry even if it didn’t.

Can you drive it?

Budget for some baselining too.
Thanks
Toyota did the pre inspection. Is 155 low?
There’s consistent records and the TB and WP are new. So some work but the price is right.
Needs rotors

142-192 is spec. Should be done with WOT but techs suck. Did they do it WOT? Also engine must be Fully up to temp and test done at operating temp. Hack techs don’t do either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom