2006 land cruiser cabin HVAC fan does not run. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Had just replaced the battery and now my fan does not operate. Have checked for blown fuse in the engine compartment and both drivers and passenger side kick panels. No blown fuse. I also checked for voltage at the fan no voltage. Checked for voltage at the fan relay that is located forward of the fan no voltage on any of the contacts. Voltage checks made with fan speed set to high. Also verified that the white hose and connector on drivers side panel under steering wheel are connected. What next?

the lexus version below is the pdf pretty version with colors. IT's mostly all the same. Nothing different related to what you need. There's a resistor somewhere under there by the blower motor controller also.

check all the fuses, meaning remove and clean them, or replace. IF ac is inoperable it wouldn't work anyway, for instance if the magnetic clutch doesn't get a signal I assume neither will the blower. So check and clean all the AC related fuses also.

The wiring book and the fsm volume two are really important for ac work.

1566483382133.png

Attachments

• lexus air conditioning front.pdf
    108 KB · Views: 129
21 is just the solar sensor.

does your rear fan blower work?

#1 on a list for FRONT AC/air flow control/no blower operation is this

IMG_20190823_081608.jpg

at least that would be easy.

Edit, for completeness sake,
pic.

IMG_20190823_135441.jpg

Last edited:
nothing that I know of. Just battery reconnects and disconnects.

# 2 from the book

is your clutch on the compressor engaging? like have the rear AC on?
YOu could use techstream to trip the mag clutch relay. I would have done that first thing before getting into book stuff, also fuse, r134 levels battery voltage etc.
anyway.
I wouldn't take the center assembly apart to get at the AC amplifier, it's easy to get to but I'd use the white/red at the blower motor to check vdc.
I'd still bet on dirty fuse, link, mag clutch. There's a whole lot of fuses involved to make that work.

IMG_20190824_133008.jpg

IMG_20190824_133016.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom