2006 HDJ-100 series weak A/C (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just bought a 06 100 series with a IHD-FTe . I live in Costa Rica by the way. The A/C seems like it does not blow very cold, especially on hot days. I notice that there is no A/C fan on the condenser as the oil cooler and after cooler are both in front of where it would mount. Is this a common complaint?. Is there a fix? I also have a turbo 80 series and it has ice cold A/C but it has a fan.
Thanks for your help/ advice.

So, nobody else had had this issue? It seems like a huge downfall to me. When I start up on a 30+ day it hardly cools at all. In the morning or evening it is fine. I saw a post in the 100 series forum that talks about the issue but they fix it by adding a fan up front My rig does not fit that solution do to the oil/ intercooler.

Does it have gas in it?

So, nobody else had had this issue? It seems like a huge downfall to me. When I start up on a 30+ day it hardly cools at all. In the morning or evening it is fine. I saw a post in the 100 series forum that talks about the issue but they fix it by adding a fan up front My rig does not fit that solution do to the oil/ intercooler.
Our old 100 used to get the cab less than 20°c on a 45°c day. So yes they do work. I would get it regassed, should not cost much. If that doesn't work, I would say that it is a compressor problem.

Thanks for that, I'll give it a try. I was checking the site tube in front of the condenser and it has some froth and bubbles then clears up for a bit, then bubbles again

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom