2006 100 - Navigation in "Emergency Mode"??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.stokesignals.agency
Just bought the 100... The Nav worked for a day or so... tried to enter a destination this am and every time - after about 20 seconds - all the buttons/options would dehighlight leaving only the Emergency button. It's like with XM or Sirius when you only get the preview channel. Tried shutting of the truck a few times... nothing. Any clue?

Thanks.

Were you driving at the time or sitting still with the transmission in Park?

If you move more than 5MPH, the NAV system locks you out of most functions other than the Audio controls. You literally have to stop on the side of the road to enter an address.

Only work around is to either install a fake pulse generator to "trick" the nav into thinking that the truck is always sitting still, or you have to install a hybrid software update that would allow you to use a service unlock feature. Last alternative is to buy a $300 module that "tricks" the NAV into letting you operate all functions, including DVD play, when under way.

I have been looking into a bypass solution recently. I found lots more info on both TundraSolutions and ClubLexus.

^^^ that is it ^^^ Damn! That sucks. I was not stopped - driving and typing... So the good news is that it works as it should. The bad news is I'm going out tonight to kick the $hit out of a couple random lawyers... just 'cause. So *&$&ing sick of whiny-ass people who can't take responsibility for their actions. IF YOU CRASH YOUR DAMN CAR WHILE TYPING - IT'S YOUR &$%*ING FAULT! Deeps breaths... ;)

Thanks.

What if someone crashed into you while they were typing? Wouldnt you want the manufacture to disable that so you dont get hit again? What if your child got killed in the accident?

What if someone crashed into you while they were typing? Wouldnt you want the manufacture to disable that so you dont get hit again? What if your child got killed in the accident?

What if it was my wife typing while I drove with my hands at 10 and 2, scanning the road and all three mirrors at 3 mph under the posted limit? Why not disable the radio functions when not stopped? The HVAC? Hell, why let us drive at all? Driving is the number 1 cause of every car crash after all. ;)

What if it was my wife typing while I drove with my hands at 10 and 2, scanning the road and all three mirrors at 3 mph under the posted limit? Why not disable the radio functions when not stopped? The HVAC? Hell, why let us drive at all? Driving is the number 1 cause of every car crash after all. ;)

Does the override work on the '06 LC navigation? I know it works on my '06 LX--once enabled I can type to my hearts content while driving...

Oh wait, the override DOES work on the 06. It's the 07 (lucky me) that the override does NOT work on.

By the way, if someone here has a 2006 NAV disk, I would GREATLY appreciate (and pay for any expenses) if I could get a copy burned to "downgrade" my NAV to a 2006 version. Override would be nice!

it was "L-R-L-R-A-B-SELECT-START", thankyouverymuch... :D

Sorry, this is all new to me... What Ls and Rs, etc are we pressing?

Thanks!

bamachem - I'll pull my disc and see what it is... don't know what the previous owner did, e.g. upgraded, etc. Assuming it's what you need, I'll copy and send

Sorry, this is all new to me... What Ls and Rs, etc are we pressing?

Thanks!

bamachem - I'll pull my disc and see what it is... don't know what the previous owner did, e.g. upgraded, etc. Assuming it's what you need, I'll copy and send

First, the override is Menu -> Volume -> Top Left, Bottom Left, Top Left, Bottom Left -> then override -> then back
See here for screen shots too: Override Lexus Navigation Motion Lock - wikiHow

Second - can't confirm, but I've heard that the Nav DVD is thinner than your average DVD that you buy and burn and have seen/heard reports of people hosing their nav ecus b/c their pirated copy got stuck... So beware if you go that route. Honestly, the older versions can be had for cheap (or free) - it's the latest and greatest that cost big bucks. And, pretty sure it doesn't matter what model vehicle the DVD came from, if it's the correct version of software you can use it in your dvd (lexus and toyota have different logos that get displayed so not sure if those are interchangeable).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom