2005LX470 brake and battery both warning light on (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
2005LX470 has brake warning light and battery warning light on when driving. And headlight can not turn off even after car key being removed. Brand new battery and no issue of alternator charging. Emergency brake handle is completely release. Are there any liaison between brake, battery warning light and headlight staying on?

Whats the weather been like up there? Rain? Carwash in the last few days?

Whats the weather been like up there? Rain? Carwash in the last few days?
All those warning lights and issues didn't come in till the brutal winter in North America. When the slush wet snow hit the road, the erratic battery and emergency brake come on and off intermittently, and then the headlight fail to turn off even after car key being removed. Checked DTC, no code existing. Check brake fluid level in the reservoir, the level is OK. I'm wondering if anyone had this kind of experience before.

All those warning lights and issues didn't come in till the brutal winter in North America. When the slush wet snow hit the road, the erratic battery and emergency brake come on and off intermittently, and then the headlight fail to turn off even after car key being removed. Checked DTC, no code existing. Check brake fluid level in the reservoir, the level is OK. I'm wondering if anyone had this kind of experience before.

So here is why I was going to set my truck on fire, take the insurance money and run...my HVAC fan would stay on, the instrument cluster would stay active, the odometer, fuel gauge, temp gauge...and the DRL's would stay on. All with the key in my hand. If I locked it the alarm would sound at random. Radio antenna would run out but no radio. Windows had power. All with the key in my hand and all doors shut.
I couldn't lock it, had to turn the HVAC off and hook up my battery charger/tender to keep the battery from going dead while parked at work or home for the night.

Finally figured out it was clogged sunroof drains and water was dripping onto the ECU behind the passenger kick panel.

Your electrical system is shorting out because it is getting wet, so now you need to figure out how/why it's getting wet. Then you need to dry it out. Mine dried on it's own, yours will too once it gets warm out and it stops raining/snowing.

Mine happened when it rained or I went through the carwash.

You may not see signs of water, your carpet may not be wet, mine wasn't. But when I poured water down the sunroof drains I could then see it drip inside the cabin.

If you have had a big freeze then it could be that your sunroof drains where frozen and the melting snow on the roof found its way into the cabin. All you can do now is check that they are draining off by pour water down them and also remove your A pillar trims and put water around the windscreen and check for leaks. Also when snow has accumulated on your roof and then gets some sun it will condensate like crazy above your headlining which brings water into the cabin, not a lot you can do about that other than making sure you brush as much snow off as you can so the roof panel gets some heat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom