2005 Toyota Land Cruiser 105 Vibration at 140 KPH (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.youtube.com
Hello everyone, I have got a 105 with 1HZ Engine and with R151F transmission, it vibrates bad at 140 kph and it sounds almost like grinding. I wonder if it could be from transmission or propeller shaft?
I also found that the pervious owner has rim spacers installed, I wonder if that could be the reason for vibration at hight speed?
Thanks!

what the heck are you doing driving 140 km/h in a cruiser in a 1hz?

check the basics, tires, tire balance, ball joints, and wheel bearings. climb under and shake the drive shaft feel for any play check your suspension.

what the heck are you doing driving 140 km/h in a cruiser in a 1hz?

check the basics, tires, tire balance, ball joints, and wheel bearings. climb under and shake the drive shaft feel for any play check your suspension.
Mine has 1hz in pretty good shape, I am not afraid to give it what it got. I was aiming to hit 180 kph but the vibration made me scared.

You've got a good 1HZ if it will do 140 😁

You've got a good 1HZ if it will do 140 😁
Yes, I don't have tractor tyres, 8ft lift kit, kitchen in the back of the car and master bedroom on the roof top and bullet proof front/ rear bumpers. I like to keep it light, I could have easily hit 160kph but as I mentioned vibration scared me off.

Screen Shot 2020-07-07 at 10.32.27 AM.png

At 120 KPH next time I am hoping to reach 160 if I diagnose and repair vibration.

[deleted]

Last edited:
f*** off. Mind your business.

Don't post on a forum if you don't want people to 'mind your business'. :meh:

Honestly @John Young 's comment was a good suggestion. I'd suggest the same in fact.

Regarding the vibration you'll have to work on diagnosis: check wheel bearings, t-case diff and trans oil condition, prop shaft, tcase output bearings, brakes, kingpin bearings, tires, spacers, etc. Lots to look at. Try listening at lower speeds so you don't drive off the road.

Calling my car poor and old isn’t appreciated . Let me see your 300 series?

Haha! Actually the older models are most cherished on this forum. Old is GOOD!!

I'd take a HZJ105 over a 300 series any day. Not interested in 20 computers in my car.

Ah. A cultural misunderstanding.

Longmans's Dictionary:
1687551978022.png

Macmillan:
1687552043959.png

Free Dictionary:
1687552131757.png

One of the things I love about this hobby is that it brings me into contact with people I probably would not otherwise have met. This has been very evident here in the Middle East. I lived in Dubai for about 7 years before getting interested in old Land Cruisers. It was only then that I started meeting regular Emiraties, and that has been a real pleasure. So hello, Kamran, nice to meet you. And I meant nothing but positive stuff.

Ah. A cultural misunderstanding.

Longmans's Dictionary:
View attachment 3356324

Macmillan:
View attachment 3356325

Free Dictionary:
View attachment 3356331

One of the things I love about this hobby is that it brings me into contact with people I probably would not otherwise have met. This has been very evident here in the Middle East. I lived in Dubai for about 7 years before getting interested in old Land Cruisers. It was only then that I started meeting regular Emiraties, and that has been a real pleasure. So hello, Kamran, nice to meet you. And I meant nothing but positive stuff.
I am sorry brother. I really apologize from the bottom of my heart.

Just to repeat some of my suggestions also that I think were lost in my above post:

Regarding the vibration you'll have to work on diagnosis: check wheel bearings, t-case diff and trans oil condition, prop shaft, tcase output bearings, brakes, kingpin bearings, tires, spacers, etc. Lots to look at. Try listening at lower speeds so you don't drive off the road.

Just to repeat some of my suggestions also that I think were lost in my above post:

Agreed. Good list to start looking at.

I would think the problem will most likely be evident well before 140km/hr.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom