2005 swap to 3.4 completely redoing everything and would love some help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I inquired a 2005 4-runner from a buddy and basically he started the swap from 3.0 to 3.4 . The 3.4 is in the vechile and he did the oil pan Dipstick and he Also redid the clutch and the fly wheel.. So it is a Manuel transmission with locking front hubs. I think it has a suspension lift ? All and all it's a really nice clean 95 manual with alot of potential. I have always wanted to do a swap and really make my own 4 runner for my newda. So I started getting some basic parts like y pipe that dumps on other side . Body alift so I could close good h20 sensors . Then it came down to the ECU and I decided to go with a mega squirt . I got it from a guy on e-bay he lives in Russia and is know for making mega squirts for vechile your choice at a decent price.. so really I need to find the person that I can send my mega squirt and ecu vin what ever else needed for someone to build me a harness for my mega squirt.. pretty much make it plug and play ??? Also so I then pretty much am replacing everything from pistons bearings water pump brake calipers drums raditor with a fan I got the battery tray and Rez over flow for 22re rims tires . Also adding abunch of accessories stero rear view camera CB radio ham radio scanner a weboost cell booster light bars pa .. I have everything I mentioned except for new rims and tires . Also putting 7 in computer screen so I can take advantage of having a mega squirt ... So anyone that knows of a good person to hire to basically take care of my electrical would be greatly appreciated. This is my first time ever joing.a forum never mind putting a post up.. I am going to take pics of the vechile and of the parts I have bought thanks in the bag

I'm confused, why did you say you got a 2005 4runner? from what i can understand, you bought a 95 4runner that originally had a 3.0 and now a partially installed 3.4. this would fall into the 95 and older forum. you have a 2nd gen 4runner, this forum section is for 3rd gen+. Most just use a toyota 3.4 ecu for this swap, i'm not aware of anyone building custom megasquirt harnesses for this application

Last edited:
why did you say you got a 2005 4runner? from what i can understand, you bought a 95 4runner that originally had a 3.0 and now a partially installed 3.4. this would fall into the 95 and older forum. you have a 2nd gen 4runner, this forum section is for 3rd gen+. Most just use a toyota 3.4 ecu for this swap, i'm not aware of anyone building custom megasquirt harnesses for this application
Sorry for posting in wrong section . So when I bought the 3.4 some one swapped out the ECU cause it being a Manuel they cost 4 times the amount as the standard/automatic tr
anny. So I have already purchased the mega squirt and I don't have the rite ECU ( I have one for a automatic tranny ) .. I wonder if the website yota swap ?? The one that will do or sell you a completely customebecu for swp if they would do y mega squirt?? I am going to contact them thanks

This is where I got my wiring hardness and cross over pipe from. its a plug and play with a manual transmission ecu.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom