For Sale 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - AWD Turbo Wagon (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ok, so I know that it's no Land Cruiser. But it IS AWD!:D Just a wee bit sportier than your average LC as well, especially my 3FE 80.

Summary: 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Limited, 53,XXX miles, automatic, AWD, excellent condition, $16,950 OBO.

I am selling my 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Limited. This car is a unique blend of fun, practicality, luxury, and safety. Being the GT model it features a 2.5 liter turbocharged flat-four, putting out 250 HP and 250 ft-lbs of torque so it never lacks for power. The excellent engine is mated to a 5 speed automatic, which offers manual shifting via the shift lever or steering wheel mounted buttons. The GT also features a sport suspension, giving excellent handling without compromising ride quality. As with all Subarus it is all-wheel drive, giving excellent grip no matter the road conditions. Other GT features include a Momo wheel, sport seats, and GT exclusive body cladding and bumpers. The end result is a responsive sports sedan that is easy to drive daily but still capable of a fun blast down a country road. It's basically a Subaru WRX STi clad with a business suit.

The Limited package is the top package offered on the Legacy, so this car is loaded. Power front sport seats, heated front seats, leather, heated mirrors, heated windshield wipers, power mirrors, auto-dimming rear view mirror with compass, huge moonroof that stretches over the front and back seats, premium audio with 6-CD changer, dual-zone automatic climate control, tilt wheel, rear cargo liner, and extending armrest are among the premium features. It also offers every safety feature that Subaru has to offer, including the aforementioned all-wheel drive, front airbags, side airbags, and side curtain airbags. My Legacy also features 18" Enkei wheels, which are a huge cosmetic upgrade over the typical Legacy legacy wheels. The rear cargo area is very large, and the rear seats fold flat for additional capacity.

My Legacy is in excellent condition, both cosmetic and mechanical. The interior is very clean, with no smoking or pets. There are no significant stains or tears and everything works exactly as it should. The leather is still soft and supple, and was recently treated with Leatherique. The exterior is very nice as well, with excellent glossy paint and no major dents or dings. I believe in full disclosure and am very particular about cars, so here are the flaws as I see them: several slight door-dings that don't show up in pictures, small scuff on the right-rear bumper, light wear on driver's side floormat/carpet, light outer bolster wear on the driver's seat, and a few exterior rock chips. Again I am very particular about cars, most of these flaws are subtle enough that they are not noticeable. Otherwise it has never been in an accident, has all original paint, and has a clean Car-Fax. Mechanically it has been dealer maintained for most of its life, with service records available and summarized in an Excel spreadsheet. During my ownership I have changed the spark-plugs, rear brake pads, and changed the oil with Mobil 1 synthetic. Other recent maintenance from the previous owner includes a new battery, serpentine belt, and front brake pads. It has been maintained by the book, always had synthetic oil, and needs absolutely nothing. The tires are Michelin Pilots that are nearly brand new and the Enkei wheels look new with no major scratches or curbing. It drives smooth with no vibration or pulling, the engine pulls hard and transmission shifts smoothly, no noises or leaks. Includes both keyless entry keyfobs, valet key, and owner's manual. All it needs is a new owner.

I'm going to miss this car. The combination of the Legacy styling, color, and the Enkei wheels make for a great combination. It's a blast to drive, has a ton of room inside, has all the luxury goodies, and is capable of driving in any weather conditions. I have a clear KS title in hand, no liens and ready to sell. I'm asking $16,950 OBO, which is under the KBB private party book value. I can be reached at 316-680-1748 or jessup3 at cox.net, and have nearly 100 pictures available via email. I've done my best to honestly describe this car, no disappointments or surprises. It's really a great car. Thanks for looking!

IMG_1497.jpg

IMG_1491.jpg

IMG_1485.jpg

IMG_1477.jpg

IMG_1500.jpg

IMG_1513.jpg

IMG_1522.jpg

IMG_1543.jpg

IMG_1557.jpg

IMG_1535.jpg

IMG_1567.jpg

IMG_1531.jpg

Last edited:
Dats one purddee car!!
Would love a cheaper AWD Subaru in place of FWD DD right now!!
Good luck with the sale.

i have the same car; ripping fast, comfy, and not bad mileage on highway. good luck.

Thanks guys! It is a very nice car. The interior is BMW-esque and it's a blast to drive. I'll miss it, but I just don't need it as much as I could use the money.

Can't say I've hopped any curbs, but the on-road grip is just silly.

Sweet Ride!

Great to see LC enthusiasts appreciate Subarus! My DD is an 05 Legacy GT wagon just like this one - though I have the 5sp manual tranny. I can vouch for their reliability - mine's got 94k miles, and it still pulls like it's brand new - and I've had zero mechanical issues.

Good luck with the sale.

These LGT's are a rare and affordable combination of speed, luxury, and practicality. I wish they still made them - I'd buy another when mine hits 150k.

Great to see LC enthusiasts appreciate Subarus! My DD is an 05 Legacy GT wagon just like this one - though I have the 5sp manual tranny. I can vouch for their reliability - mine's got 94k miles, and it still pulls like it's brand new - and I've had zero mechanical issues.

Good luck with the sale.

These LGT's are a rare and affordable combination of speed, luxury, and practicality. I wish they still made them - I'd buy another when mine hits 150k.

Well said. Though you have the proverbial holy grail of Legacy GT wagons, a manual gearbox. Not many of those out there.

Bump for a lower price, $17,500. Lower than KBB book! It's a great AWD counterpart to your Land Cruiser, but it's fast and gets good MPG.:)

If I weren't looking for an 80, I'd be looking for one of these wagons. I currently own two Subaru WRX wagons and the reliability of Subaru is amazing. Good Luck with the sale.

Bump for a great car with cargo room and fun to drive.

Thanks guys. Yes, it's on legacygt.com. Lots of lookers, just no buyers.

Price drop to $16,950 OBO, under KBB private party book value!

OK, I drive a 2005 Legacy 2.5i wagon. I was reading this post and said to myself, ''I know the GT is fast, but I haven't driven one. Hmmm...''

So I went to the local dealership and they happened to have an '05 red GT wagon. So I headed out at lunch to see what I was missing. The salesman let me take it by myself. I kicked it in to sport mode when I pulled out of the driveway and wasn't that impressed until it hit the power band. OH MY!

I have driven fast, and I have driven some fast cars, but this was more fun than should be legal. In fact, it wasn't.

It had just rained so the roads were slick. The traction control was incredible, letting it slip and grip just at the right times. The shift buttons on the steering wheel are necessary because you can't let go to shift or anything else. My eyeballs shot to the back of my head and all the fat on my body was pressed against the leather seats (with seat warmers) and nobody had time to flip me off because I wasn't there anymore.

I was grateful for the convex mirrors on the outside because if i looked over my shoulder I'd hit something in front of me. I love that car, but I love my life and safe driving record more. If your reflexes are still good take a serious look at this car. Mine are deteriorating and I know my lack of self discipline well enough to know I'll stick with the 2.5i.

It may not be the fastest car on the road, but it caught me off guard. I mean, c'mon! It's a Subaru, right?? I've got one. How much faster could it be?

Bump for a fun and reliable ''family/commuter'' car. (Don't tell your wife how fast it is.)

MDarius, I should just have you write my ad for me.:D Good stuff, thanks. I love the ability to strap the kids in the back seats and fill the back with stuff, but then still enjoy driving. Sure beats the wife's minivan.

When I bought my wagon I bought it because it was $2k less than the sedan I wanted. I'll admit, I was a little disappointed to have a wagon. I mean, it looks like I'm whupped. But now that i have it I'm glad I ddn't get the sedan. I can load the dog (Akita) in the back and all the kids in the seats. The hatchback is way more convenient. I am at the point now where I don't care what it looks like because it really is the perfect car for my purposes. (including not getting tickets)

I had 21 year-old kid who you could picture in a lowered rice rocket compliment me on it and said he really wants one. I let him drive it and even without the turbo he loved it. Mine has tinted windows, which helps with the image.

Good luck on your sale.

Do I get a commission?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom