2005 Sequoia - Parking Brake Cable Replacement (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Intro:

When I got my Sequoia a few weeks ago, I realized that it needed new brakes and rotors. While I am a novice when it comes to mechanical skills, I have done brakes and rotors in the past and I am always looking to learn more. That being said, while I was at it, I decided to try and fix the parking brakes as well as I also noticed that they were not working. I soon realized that the cables were in need of replacement so I ordered some OEM cables on ebay and began the process of swapping them out.

TLDR:

I currently have the passenger side cable replaced and am working on the cable that feeds into the cab. I have taken the center part out of the pedal and have gotten the cable removed from it, but the portion passes through the floor is giving me pause (probably for no reason). Does this just pry out from the inside and then pull the cable through? Any tips?

IMG_2041.JPG

It ended up popping out pretty easily. I was able to get the new one in and seated pretty well with a fair amount of pushing from above and pulling from underneath. I just got the new cable connected to the parking brake pedal and reinstalled it. Now I just need to connect the cables together and reassemble the the parking brakes themselves. That should be fun.

I will have to get a build thread going at some point.

Yikes! So the parking brake was not working at all?
I need to adjust mine as I just replaced the rotors and pads.

Yeah, the cables were shot. I finally got it all done. Adjusting the parking brakes so that the would hold when activated without rubbing when off was challenging. They didn't really work until I set the pads to the rotors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom