2005 LX470 Stock AHC. Fuel SHOK 20inch with 305/55/20 Fitment. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all,

I am a new LX470 owner. It's a 2005 with 159K miles mostly stock. I have been doing a lot of research on this forum, but have been getting mixed answers in terms of wheel fitment for stock AHC trucks.

I have no plans of extreme off-roading and taking the rig onto difficult trails so I recently picked up a set of 20 Fuel Shok wheels with 305/55/20 Fuel Gripper A/T tires in relatively new condition. They were previously on a Tundra so they have the correct bolt pattern and center bore(or so I thought).

When I went to mount the wheels, my front wheels didn't clear due to an inner 1,2mm lip in the center bore of the wheels that prevented the wheels to properly seat on the hub. The hub bolts were the issue as these wheels fit perfectly on the Tundra. I already know the center caps won't fit and that is fine by me. I know I will have to do the pinch weld mod and possibly heat/shape the fender liners.

So now, I have two options: I can either order Slee spacers (min 1.25") or I can get the center bore lip on the rims sanded/machined. I think the spacers might be overkill as the offset is already quite low. Before I decide on what to do next, I wanted to get the experts opinions/advice on this forum.

Should I go ahead and get the center bores sanded? Anybody have prior experience with this or fitting low offset wheels on their 100 series?

Also, I am fully familiar with how offsets on wheels work, but I am trying to understand it from 100 series fitment perspective.

Specs:

20x9 +1 Fuel Shok wheels
305/55R20 Fuel Gripper A/T Tires

50141310567_eec01e8a5d_z.jpg

Thanks!

Last edited:
I wouldn't mess with the wheel bores. You're potentially making the wheels weaker. Just buy the slee spacers and you'll be good. You only need two of them for the front and can get standard hub centric ones for the rear. You'll probably be poking a little but I'm sure it'll alright

With spacers, I will running a -30 offset with smallest slee spacer which I don't think will work. I found this thread that where someone had the same issue with a 80 series.

With spacers, I will running a -30 offset with smallest slee spacer which I don't think will work. I found this thread that where someone had the same issue with a 80 series.
How do the 305/55/20's work for you? Do they rub? How do they handle?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom