2005 LX470 for sale - good deal? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all! First post here. I was deciding on my next rig mostly between a 2nd gen tundra and a 100 series. Test drove one of each a few days ago, and fell in love with the LX :) I'm wondering if you think this one sounds like a decent deal.

2005, 240k miles, listed at $9k and they said they could come down to at least 8k. Might try for 8k out the door (taxes, fees, etc).

Its clean as a whistle, drives super smooth, and it's the first one I've seen or test driven with a working AHC, which blows me away with 240k.

My first test drive I didnt know much of what to look for. I just know the timing belt is due for change, coming up to 100k miles since last one. Going tmrw with the wife to look again with cash and intent to buy, and I'll be especially double checking the AHC graduations between lo/hi and the brake booster. If both of those check out (and some more little things I'll be going over closer) then I think this sound like a decent deal? I've seen a lot of 98-02 years with these kind of miles going for similar prices so it seems pretty good to me. Still makes me a little nervous being my first 100, getting one with such high miles. But again with how clean it was and how smooth it ran, and getting the benefits of the 05 model year, I'm really digging it. Hard to find one in Michigan period, let alone one that isn't rusted out for under $10k.This one looked really clean underneath from everything I could see crawling underneath.

Thanks!

Screenshot_20200613-212826_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20200613-212832_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20200615-231748_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20200615-231755_Facebook.jpg

I know the sticker says 04..they corrected it to show 05. I'll plan to pull carfax and check VIN on Lexus website prior to purchase.. hopefully it has good service records available 😬

reasonable price. Just make sure you cover the potential leaks (front cover, main seal), water pump hole from below. Take a UV light to see if there were AC leaks in the past, you'd probably see green dye left over from past work. Also check the back AC (something you can use to bargain as it never works that well.). listen for exhaust manifold leak.

That's an even better deal than I got on my 05 in January. Excellent find, looks super clean.
Get it.

Sounds good to me. I just bought an '03 LX with 260K miles. The PO had done LOTS of work. It is beautiful, and everything works great! I paid $9,500.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom