craigslist 2005 LX470 Dallas 220k (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. LX470
Mileage
Color
Blue
Outside Link
https://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/cto/d/garland-2005-lexus-lx470/7269791406.html
No affiliation $13,500. Looks like a nice clean truck

1613258296702.jpeg

I was just pinging him on FB... the CL ad had been up previously, which when I mentioned he thought must have expired. I guess that prompted him to re-up. Here's the CF, which shows some damage history. Too far for me to drive to inspect the quality of repair and signs of just how severe it was, so scratching from my list. Attached CF that seller (a small independent dealer) provided.

JTJHT00W553552644

Attachments

• CARFAX 2005 LEXUS LX 470_ JTJHT00W553552644.pdf
    988.1 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:
Quote from seller re repair. "It ll show some damage in 2016 but that looks like a storm / hail claim by previous owner. No impact / no airbags deployed etc. paint looks new whatever they did they fixed it well."

Oh boy... quite a laundry list of declined service. HG, TB, T-fittings, AHC, etc. I thought its stance appeared kinda low in those CL pics.

1613268215153.png

So the seller just bought this a month ago from a dealer, and is flipping it?

Damage on all sides and the roof. I wonder if the undercarriage was damaged. Must have been a hell of a hail storm.

Oh boy... quite a laundry list of declined service. HG, TB, T-fittings, AHC, etc. I thought its stance appeared kinda low in those CL pics.

View attachment 2584500
I’m really over these small independent dealers buying the 100’s in the private market and flipping them. I’ve been beaten out by a small dealer twice in the Denver area over the past several months, only to see it posted at their dealer for 3-5k more than they paid.
Then when you see that this dealer declined a major service (timing belt, head gasket, heater T’s, and AHC pump), AND is advertising as “no mechanical issues”... SMH

Best defense is to call them out, post before and after sales info if you have it. At least fellow Mudders will get the message and avoid these flips.

he was fairly upfront on it when questions asked, but the suspension is shot and definitely needs to be replaced. I ended up not going to check it out after we both "guessed" it was likely hail damage requiring the repaint.

Does he think he's priced right for a shot AHC or does he realize $2-3k has to come out just for that?

I imagine the Chevy dealer who put it on the auction block, and any bidder at auction, had to know AHC is a big ticket repair and really limits who'll buy it.

1614036702957.png

His base cost is not too far off from the $7500 I guesstimated. Not sure what additional fees are tacked on at these auctions.

Upon referencing the service record and deducting for the AHC, the TB, the blemished carfax, etc. I offered $9500 to start negotiation, but he didn't even counter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom