2005 LX470 Console Question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Every picture I’ve found on Google Images and every console parts breakdown I’ve looked at doesn’t show the Round Trim that I have between the H and L Shifter and AHC Controls. I found a Trim Restoration company that shows the Hole, but no explanation what it is.

Any thoughts?

Can I drop a storage tray in there?

Thanks.

A1BA27CE-44E5-4DE3-A9D8-75E03911A9AC.png
9C372F23-1F93-4DA6-901D-8A1C011FE017.jpeg

Did I stump everybody?
I looked again last night and literally out of hundreds of interior pics of LX/LC where I can see the center console area I have yet to find one that has that circular trim piece.

There is a metal structural support bracket under that section for the OEM part. I was planning on putting my switch pro's control panel there vertically, but when I saw the metal piece, I changed my mind.

I thought I had a picture of it somewhere, but I can't find it. I don't recall how much space is under that area either, believe it was a good amount...considering the AHC or storage tray if you don't have AHC is pretty deep. Takes a few minutes to pop that trim off to check.

I've never seen one with the circular hole.

Well that kills that idea. It looks like the Bracket goes directly under it.
I wonder if mine is a replacement and not OEM.

Well that kills that idea. It looks like the Bracket goes directly under it.
I wonder if mine is a replacement and not OEM.

No...it appears you'd be buying a whole new trim piece in that kit, which means there isn't a metal bracket or the bracket is a different configuration. Only real question I'd have, is there space for that in the US model? Meaning, is there something there on the floor that would prevent you from being able to use that.

Pop the trim piece and find out if there is anything under it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom