2005 LX Bluetooth phone question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Alright, I have been able to successfully connect my samsung note 9 to the bluetooth system in the car. Yes I know music cant play from here. I can make and receive calls thru the system. The problem I am having is importing my contacts from the phone into the nav system. I go into system setup and click import phonebook, it then says to confirm it on my phone. Nothing ever comes up to confirm anything. I have not been able to move anything over from my phone. When people call, it just pops up as their number, no name ever comes up. Any suggestions on what to do? Or is my phone too new and the system too old?

I believe an old Nokia “bar” phone, or old blackberry, was the last phone that I had correctly upload contacts to my 06 LX.

I suspect that just about any smart phone is “too new”.

I hated the built in bluetooth anyways. The volume is too low, if I recall does it only play from a single speaker?

I also have an ‘05 LX and had some hopes. Yes, it does only play from one speaker and the clarity is cr*p. I just switch to ‘speaker’ on my iPhone and everyone says: ‘thanks, that’s much better.” Shame, though. As good as Toyota/Lexus have been, they haven’t been able to outrun technology issues. However, I still have my first Nokia brick in the garage should you be interested. Still fires up and glows green.

Export your contacts to a .vcf (vCard) file. Before that, make sure to remove any blank spaces between digits, otherwise the head unit will display # after the space for all digits. 088 954234 (non-US number) turns into 088#######.
I used my Mac and the builtin Contacts app, that syncs with my iPhone - select all contacts (Cmd-A) - File -> Export -> Export vCard
Probably you can use an Android app to export the vCard and then send it directly with the phone. iPhones can't send files over bluetooth, that's why I used the computer.
Put the car in receive mode
Send the file from the computer/phone. It might take a few tries to make it work, but eventually it does. I sent 150 contacts.

It doesn't support multiple numbers per contact. If you open the vCard file (it's really just a text file), the number that the car will record is the last number for each contact with multiple numbers. If there are 3 numbers for a contact, it will record only the 3rd one.

Yeah, that's one of the very first cars that supported bluetooth contact sync and the system is rudimentary.
Call quality is decent in my experience and I really like being able to answer from the steering wheel and immediately see who is calling on the screen.

There is a deal breaker bug though - I have a CD changer emulator (similar to the TOY-45 you have in the USA) for music streaming and it also has a microphone and advertises itself as a handsfree device. If I am connected to both the emulator and the Land Cruiser, if I pick up a call - either from the car or the phone it immediately drops the call :(
The Land Cruiser really hates your phone being paired to another handsfree device :(

My 04 LC radio goes silent if BT was connected first. If the radio was on first before connecting my Samsung S8, it works. I don't really care though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom