2005 LX 470 AUX connection, FM antenna concerns. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

corleykj

Jack of some, definately master of none.
Threads
I have read a ton of threads on radio options in the 2003-2008 lx470 and 100 series and people doing android screen set ups, tesla screens, navigation deletes, etc...
I don't want to open a can of worms or risk there being any glitches (my wife drives an LX470 because everything works). It seems people are spending $1,500 and custom wiring stereos in (and losing some factory controls) or just installing a $100 aux cord and keeping the factory system.

Is there an in between option where I can add apple play and an aux cord for a few hundred?

If this was your car, what would you do?
Thanks in advance.

I believe this is your only option if you have the NAV screen and you must have an updated interface.

If you just want better bluetooth connectivity, The BT-45 TOY is the way to go IMO, but Grom has a similar option IRRC.

I went with the BT-45 and love it.Simple install,easy setup.

Thanks for the input. I think the BT45 or similar is what I should do for a simple solution. I don't think an aftermarket stereo with carplay is in the cards.

$25, works well, no hassle. If using it for bluetooth music streaming only, you can keep it in the center console. I use it for hands free voice also so it's underneath the tape deck.

Amazon product ASIN B0813L778N

2006 lx470 here. What would the bt45 do for me as far as the phone interface is concerned? The phone is connected now through BT albeit the volume/clarity sucks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom