2005 LX 470 a/c therma cutoff sensor location/access-- Where is it? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Thanks for allowing me in this forum. This is my first post.

2005 LX 470

Problem only on very hot days:
Had a leak to the rear a/c evaperator fixed a year ago. Since then....
System has maintained pressure and works great most of the time...

Problem:
Only on very very hot days--- a/c starts up fine. Drive just a few minutes, stop a light or some such, fan blows, but a/c cold air stops and check a/c warning comes on the navigation screen. I turn of the a/c, drive for a few minutes, turn it back on and it is working and good to go for the duration of my travels. Again, this only happens on very very hot days, but the pattern is consistent.

I do not believe it is the refrigerant I have had this checked and when working the system blows ice cold.
I do not believe it is the clutch or A/C relay as the system works fine on normal temperate days.
There is no indication that the engine itself is overheating temp guage on the dash is normal.

I belive it is a faulty thermal A/C cut off switch on the block -----but I can't seem to find its location.
It is my understanding that the switch closes at high temp and shuts off the compressor.
I would like to unplug the sensor as a test if only I could locate it.

If my thinking is flawed please let me know.

If someone can direct me to this A/C thermal cut off sensor, its location, a picture and how to access it I would appreciate that.
If you are aware of the part number would you please pass it along. If you could confirm that it closes at high temp would like to knowas well.

Many thanks in advance.

A/C will shut off if your engine is on the verge of overheating. Check your engine temps (not dash gauge). Most common reason is a failing fan clutch. The fan is most needed at idle or low speeds.

Thanks for your replies. I will check the engine temp and the fan clutch. Is there also a temp sensor attached to the block? If so where is it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom