2005 Land Cruiser with rust and transmission issues value (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Apologies in advance for the "what's it worth" post, I sold my 100 a few months ago and have been out of the loop a bit, was hoping the experts could help me out. My neighbor has a 2005 with a good amount of rust on the undercarriage, not structural(yet), but not pretty. It is also throwing the P0986 & P0974 transmission codes, quick forum search tells me these could be due to corroded connectors or it could be worse. Please delete post if it is not allowed.
IMG_3680.jpeg

IMG_3692.jpeg

IMG_3695.jpeg

IMG_3694.jpeg

That truck is as good as garbage. Looks like extensive external and INTERNAL corrosion to the frame. Looks like there are multiple places of thru-wall corrosion with just rust/scale build up making it appear 'solid'

Do not even consider buying it or encourage your neighbor to sell it in good faith..........

That truck is as good as garbage. Looks like extensive external and INTERNAL corrosion to the frame. Looks like there are multiple places of thru-wall corrosion with just rust/scale build up making it appear 'solid'

Do not even consider buying it or encourage your neighbor to sell it in good faith..........
In chicago that’s a $15-30k truck all day. Rust doesn’t even look that bad compared to the stuff I’ve seen here.

I wouldn’t buy it. Value is had to judge, most people seem to care about mileage - so if it’s got low miles someone will probably buy it

Thank you for the replies, it has 212K on it. I know for anyone who doesn't live in a salt state that the rust looks terminal but I have seen much worse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom