SOLD 2004 TOYOTA LAND CRUISER 150k miles THUNDERCLOUD BEAUTIFUL (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 100 Series
Mileage
Color
Silver
This has sold and found a new home in NY. Sorry to see it go and wish the buyer many happy years. Thank you to MUD for all of the support and information. I may be back!!!!!

NEWS ALERT: Heater core just replaced at dealer.
PRICE $17,500

Just replaced water pump, timing belt, thermostat, drive /timing belt, CV boots both sides, T valve output hose. two new tires, drivers seat belt with total assembly and newer radiator fan clutch 2018. Has rare LEXUS all weather mats.
Added factory bluetooth module and XENON headlights. Just detailed. 2 new in box after market LED clear fog lights too. (current lights on truck are new but have moisture)
YODA MD key fob. LED interior lights. 2 keys. Three rows of seats.

Carpet is faded from I guess cleaning chemicals or something. AC blows freezing cold!

It's a must see.

IMG_1512.jpeg

IMG_1530.jpeg

IMG_1545.jpeg

IMG_1551.jpeg

IMG_1552.jpeg

Last edited:
So I messed up and listed the car for sale before I registered it. I dreaded going to NJ motor vehicles becuase it's a complete mess since COVID. Buyer wanted the car right away. I went to register and waited outside 3am until 11am. Got NJ title, tags and inspection. Lost buyer. Put it on CLIST and back for sale on here. My fault and learning experience, So it back for sale on here. Thanks

So I messed up and listed the car for sale before I registered it. I dreaded going to NJ motor vehicles becuase it's a complete mess since COVID. Buyer wanted the car right away. I went to register and waited outside 3am until 11am. Got NJ title, tags and inspection. Lost buyer. Put it on CLIST and back for sale on here. My fault and learning experience, So it back for sale on here. Thanks
Oh that sucks. Buyer couldn’t wait a day or so? That’s ridiculous. Sorry Man. Truck looks good.

Oh that sucks. Buyer couldn’t wait a day or so? That’s ridiculous. Sorry Man. Truck looks good.
Ha. Thanks. Me being lazy I waited 3 weeks to go to NJMV. Buyer said she was in no hurry because she was having trouble getting a loan. Oh well. See what happens.

So I started smelling coolant when I turned on the heater. Took it to the dealership because I wanted an expert opinion.

They said it’s either the heater core or worse case the head gasket. Well luckily it was the heater core.There was no drips of any kind and was difficult to find. It was a very small pinhole leak that the coolant evaporated right away.

I had the dealership do the repair and an oil change. The fun of owning and maintaining a cruiser!!!

The dealer replaced the heater core with OEM part. The master mechanic who did the work actually owns a 2003 cruiser so the job is done properly.

I have the same smell in my truck. Sounds like a big expensive job, was wondering if there was a less invasive way. Thanks for replying

I have the same smell in my truck. Sounds like a big expensive job, was wondering if there was a less invasive way. Thanks for replying
Firstly I don’t know s*** about cars. I know how to google though and read on Mud.

Short of adding stop leak which could do more damage than good there’s no short cut. The non dealer mechanic I first went to said it’s no big deal. Just a job like any other. We have to remove the entire dash.

I wanted a dealer to do it though. They had the same approach. I told them don’t trust my mechanic. Do your own analysis. The said they don’t trust other mechanics. At first they didn’t brr egg liver there was a leak even after removing the dash. Kept looking and smelling coolant. They cut the supply hose and the smell stopped. Went back to look closer to the heater core and there was the tiniest hole. Coolant that leak evaporated instantly so no visible leak anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom