2004 Tacoma 4x2 - Recently Rolled It On Rowher Flats (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi new to the forum and some what new to off roading but I'm addicted now!

Over the 4th of July weekend attempted Rowher Flats in my 04 Tacoma (4x2). My first time on the trail so I didn't know what to expect but it was much more difficult than I anticipated. Luckily I had a couple buddies with me in Rubicon and LandCrusier that helped navigate me thru the trail. There was only one section that I needed a tow getting up but other than that she handled it, tough but she proved worthy up until the very end. We were coming down the back section about 99% done with the trail and there was a step down which looked about 4 or 5 feet and my brakes were shot at this point, some time during the trail my brake booster went out. So as I'm approaching this step down I'm sliding all over the place and instead of going down it I tried to go around it afraid I was going to launch off. Anyways there was a trench and 2 high walls (like a V) and it sucked my driver side in with my passenger high side on the wall and then momentum and gravity took over and I rolled it on the driver side :( Luckily we were able to rock it back onto all fours and drive out of it. Needless to say I damaged the driver side doors and quarter panel but it could have been a lot worse.

Now I'm trying to replace the 2 doors and quarter panel without taking it to a body guy. The truck itself before the roll was worth about 5k, I can only imagine what it would cost if I took it somewhere. Anyways I've been calling junkyards trying to find the parts with no luck to my surprise. If anyone knows of a place I might be able to find these parts it would be more than appreciated. Thanks for taking the time to read my story!

Jason

IMG_1215.JPG

What’s the problem? Seems like you should be calling around for a transfer case, driveshaft and front wheel drive parts.

Those tires are part of the issue from what I understand. Check CL, FBMP and offerup. Also join a bunch of FB toyota truck groups, maybe youll get lucky.
Drivers door I would think could interchange with any 1st gen taco.
Concur you should look for a transfer case DS and front axle parts

Sorry for your loss. I am familiar with your situation. Check out Tacomaworld.com if your looking for parts or advice on the Tacoma. Lots more resources for your truck than the landcruiser forums. On the other hand, it's a good oppurtunity to buy a used Landcruiser for off roading.

Agreed, bummer. Manual transmission......

Hi new to the forum and some what new to off roading but I'm addicted now!

Over the 4th of July weekend attempted Rowher Flats in my 04 Tacoma (4x2). My first time on the trail so I didn't know what to expect but it was much more difficult than I anticipated. Luckily I had a couple buddies with me in Rubicon and LandCrusier that helped navigate me thru the trail. There was only one section that I needed a tow getting up but other than that she handled it, tough but she proved worthy up until the very end. We were coming down the back section about 99% done with the trail and there was a step down which looked about 4 or 5 feet and my brakes were shot at this point, some time during the trail my brake booster went out. So as I'm approaching this step down I'm sliding all over the place and instead of going down it I tried to go around it afraid I was going to launch off. Anyways there was a trench and 2 high walls (like a V) and it sucked my driver side in with my passenger high side on the wall and then momentum and gravity took over and I rolled it on the driver side :( Luckily we were able to rock it back onto all fours and drive out of it. Needless to say I damaged the driver side doors and quarter panel but it could have been a lot worse.

Now I'm trying to replace the 2 doors and quarter panel without taking it to a body guy. The truck itself before the roll was worth about 5k, I can only imagine what it would cost if I took it somewhere. Anyways I've been calling junkyards trying to find the parts with no luck to my surprise. If anyone knows of a place I might be able to find these parts it would be more than appreciated. Thanks for taking the time to read my story!

Jason

View attachment 2365222
check out auto auction, you might find the parts there...https://www.autoauctionmall.com/used-cars-for-sale/dealer-auctions?query=TOYOTA%20TACOMA%20XTR

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom