2004 LX (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all, looking at an 04 LX down in VA. I’m in CT, so it’s a bit of a drive to check it out. 230k seems in decent shape, carfax has it as a Texas vehicle and TB done 20k ago. Had the dealer send some pics and the undercarriage looks great except a few pics seem a little rustier then the rest. Don’t get me wrong it looks great compared to NE vehicles I’m used to but I don’t know why the rear would be rustier then the rest. I’m used to NE vehicle that are totally in bad shape everywhere. Any thoughts on this one? Asking 11k for it.

A79EDC71-B1EC-496A-828F-FE004029D225.jpeg

11834A01-FBA1-4676-AD00-FE601D45DF3C.jpeg

A7DC222C-B8CA-4A78-9A50-20AE671D17E5.jpeg

FF4790ED-2C09-469D-BE87-3A669E32A995.jpeg

5A9C230A-C022-4A63-97CB-0FAD08BEC2EF.jpeg

Rear is always the rustiest spot on any vehicle I've owned. I guess because it catches all the nasty off the roads in the winter. There is nothing to be concerned about in those pics, however. What rust there is can easily be addressed.

Rear is always the rustiest spot on any vehicle I've owned. I guess because it catches all the nasty off the roads in the winter. There is nothing to be concerned about in those pics, however. What rust there is can easily be addressed.

AF36A6F9-9631-49B3-BF32-50D0D70B36A6.jpeg

659FFD45-539D-4F58-83FC-C05812500745.jpeg

5ED67CB9-71AF-49AC-A889-ACDAE6828CB0.jpeg

68E1AD02-AC96-405B-B613-0350AD9C9577.jpeg

8A650819-3B6F-4C9A-9A89-8125CE46DBD0.jpeg

That truck looks really clean, 11k seems good considering the TB has been done recently. Does AHC function properly? I have an 04 LC, no AHC, so can’t help on what to check, but it’s been covered extensively on this forum. What color is it?

That truck looks really clean, 11k seems good considering the TB has been done recently. Does AHC function properly? I have an 04 LC, no AHC, so can’t help on what to check, but it’s been covered extensively on this forum. What color is it?

Unsure on the AHC, it’s a good drive away plan on going to see it tomorrow. I know it’s like 10-14 marks difference on the AHC res from low to high for proper function, anything less then 7 marks is an issue. I figure I can swap out to shocks and springs if it’s messed up.

Very clean!

He's referring to nightview. It's a running joke (maybe). It's an interesting feature that came on some LX470 models.
Oh it definitely has the night sight lol doesn’t work but it’s there.

Where in VA is this? That's a very clean undercarriage for this area, price seems fair for the year mileage as well as recent TB being done. If you like it, go scoop it up before it goes.

Where in VA is this? That's a very clean undercarriage for this area, price seems fair for the year mileage as well as recent TB being done. If you like it, go scoop it up before it goes.
It was in TX most of its life from the carfax, the crazy thing it’s been for sale for a while, which has me skeptical. I’m going to see it tomorrow and see what the deal is. It’s just a long 5 hour drive down to see it.

Main concern is rust, everything else can be fixed. I flew 700 miles to buy mine sight unseen, best decision i've ever made. Worth every penny, didn't even bargain with the guy.

Unsure on the AHC, it’s a good drive away plan on going to see it tomorrow. I know it’s like 10-14 marks difference on the AHC res from low to high for proper function, anything less then 7 marks is an issue. I figure I can swap out to shocks and springs if it’s messed up.

With a rig with that little rust you'll be best off repairing any AHC flaws, not deleting it, IMO. The community here has compiled a great summary of the common things to check/replace and it's normally well under the cost of the conventional swap/downgrade to just repair AHC and enjoy that system.

Car looks clean. I'd check that thing out! Quick and easy AHC checks are the H-L gradations (10+ is great, 8 and under is bad). If you can get it into H and you can return enough fluid to get 10 gradations, you're in great shape.

It was in TX most of its life from the carfax, the crazy thing it’s been for sale for a while, which has me skeptical. I’m going to see it tomorrow and see what the deal is. It’s just a long 5 hour drive down to see it.

Did you get a chance to see it? How was it?

Reactions: LCT
Either there are hidden problems or that is a killer deal, rare find so clean in VA that will go fast! If all it needs is some baseline maintenance and a little AHC fixing I'd say better act fat.

Either there are hidden problems or that is a killer deal, rare find so clean in VA that will go fast! If all it needs is some baseline maintenance and a little AHC fixing I'd say better act fat.

Hopefully find out tomorrow l, plan on going down first thing. I also can’t believe it’s as good of a deal. I’m expecting some kind of issue with it when I get there but they keep saying it runs and drives great. Anti thoughts on hidden issues to look for? I know the basics but shouldn’t be too hard to spot leaks and whatnot with that little rust.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom