2004 LX w/300K - Worth $5k? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hey everyone. New to the forum and LC/LXs but not new to enthusiast cars/trucks/SUVs. I've lusted over these SUVs for years and have yet to pull the trigger...Well maybe until now.

As the title states. I have a colleague that has a 04 LX w/300k that he told me he'd sell to me for $5k. Is it worth it? The exterior is pretty clean, I'd give it a 6.5/10 and the interior is really clean, i'd say 8/10. Im going to head out to his place today to check it out and ill report back. Anything I should keep an eye out for besides rust, timing belt, leaks?

Thanks in advance and I hope to join yall here soon!

You're gonna need a new rack I can bet. Its a 03+ LX so you're looking at $700-800 plus another $700 in labour. I can also bet it needs a new clockspring which is why the airbag light is on. $300 + labour. VGRS is a rabbit hole. Could be as easy as a zero point cal or you could need a new VGRS ecu.

Dang man, sorry to ruffle your feathers. FWIW, the reason why we are waiting to complete the deal is because I am waiting for the title that his dad shipped? He already has a deposit and the deal will be completed as soon as the title shows up (tracking shows today). Just doing due diligence before a purchase.

All that said, I'm happy to sell it to you for $8k tomorrow.
No feathers were ruffled, you just need some sense talked into you. As for giving you $8k for it? Send me some pictures. I probably know someone that will buy it for that price.

Well for anyone keeping tabs, seller got the title in and deal is done. Was able to negotiate a little bit off of the $5k price. Love the original window sticker. I’ll start a build thread to document the progress. Not going to do a ton of mods compared to most of you all as the off roading in coastal NC is minimal but do plan on a few mountain trips a year.

This is the current state. First order of biz is a deeeeeep clean bc it’s dirty as hell. Excited to finally have a 100 series!

6641A97A-5434-4D2C-AD5E-494B8C581FFF.jpeg
5273167F-068C-4792-A736-0108BB7AA4FC.jpeg

Man, you saying that you negotiated even more off the $5k almost makes me cringe. Naive rich kid, huh? I salute you and your willingness to take someone to the cleaners. Good job!

Selling software has its perks outside of board rooms 😂. No but in all seriousness, I told him to do his research and he knows these are enthusiast cars and he knows what some are worth. I had the advantage of knowing he already found his next car and needed cash so it wouldn’t get bought from under him. At the end of the day he’s a developer at my same company so he was happy it was staying local.

Extremely happy with the purchase. After getting under it this afternoon it does look like it’s the rack that’s leaking and it’s a pretty solid leak. I’m going to get another set of eyes on it to confirm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom