SOLD 2004 LC / Imperial Jade Mica - Texas UT Truck - 183KMiles (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hi Everyone -

Unfortunately, the time has come to sell - 2004 LC in Imperial Jade Mica/Tan Leather. I recently purchased a house, and am consolidating to one vehicle.

Spent a lot of time looking for the right truck when I made the purchase - it is mechanically sound, and while it hasnt been pampered its whole life, its in great shape. I presently drive it in the Spring/Summer/Fall only, and usually about 2 or 3 days a week. A vast majority of its life it was owned by 1 individual who lived in Texas, and eventually moved to Utah before selling it to me in March '18.

While it is presently located in Buffalo NY, it has never seen a NE Winter, and is originally a Texas truck. I will provide some more detailed history and update the listing. This would be a great truck for an East Coaster that wants a salt free Western/Southern Truck, that doesnt need to ship it in (which isnt cheap!)

Some Highlights:

1. 2004 Land Cruiser
  2. VIN: JTEHT05JX42054827
  3. Imperial Jade Mica exterior, Tan Leather Interior
  4. Approx. 182,150 miles / this will fluctuate as it is still driven a few days a week.
  5. Purchased in March 18 , and shipped to Buffalo NY where it is currently located - it has NOT been driven in any WNY winters and was located in Texas or Utah the rest of its life.
  6. Since relocation to Buffalo, it has been garage kept.
  7. Truck is 100% stock apart from:
    1. Upgraded HIR H/L headlights
    2. LED Interior Lights
    3. BGF KO2 Tires (approx. 20,000 miles on them - good condition)
    4. Removal of Running Boards (which are available with sale).
    5. Weathertechs (Tan) - Front and Rear Seats
    6. Truck comes w/ the dealer option tow package - this is a bit more of a substantial hitch system that includes protection for the rear exhaust. The paint on the hitch could be touched up a bit (starting to rust a bit).
  8. Truck was very meticulously kept by previous owner, but it was driven - as a result, there are a few cosmetic issues which I have tried to note below - it is not a show car, but its in great shape for its age:
    1. There are a few small dings / only one worth mentioning is a small dimple on driver side rear door - about the size of a nickel.
    2. The paint is beautiful, but it has not had any corrective paint treatments, and could use an exterior detail - there are some rock chips in the hood, and a few small chips around the rear (trunk) sidelight windows.
    3. The bottom plastic molding has some fading on both sides where there was previously the two tone coloration. On the passenger side, there is some scrapping which has caused some scrubbing along the plastic. It is noticeable, but this was how I purchased the truck so I do not know as to the origination. No damage to paint, and is purely cosmetic - I like to think it adds a little character..
    4. Interior leather has no cracks or rips and the car includes both 3rd row jump seats. Some of the plastic trim (around shifter, window controls) are a bit loose or otherwise showing their age. The driver side window control plastic is missing the affiliated clips which hold it in place - if you pull on it, it will come up. Again, no issues with functionality.
    5. Car comes standard with DVD, Navigation, and Bluetooth (phone). Navigation and Bluetooth work great - to be honest, I have never used the DVD player.
    6. Sunroof (and all windows, inc. rear sidelight windows) are all functional and work well - drivers side window is slightly slower than the passenger window.
    7. As a Texas/Utah truck, the undercarriage is in good condition - not a lot of rust (really mostly just surface rust). While located in Buffalo presently, it has not been driven in any snow/salt. That said, Buffalo is reasonably humid in the summer, and a little surface rust is a given, and this spent several years in UT where it was driven in the winter I imagine.
    8. Factory pinstripes are faded - I was going to remove them eventually.
    9. One of the rear license plate screw holes is stripped - dont know the story behind this. I have it attached on that side w/ a small toggle style bolt I believe.
  9. Maintenance:
    1. Upon purchase, I had a full set of preventative maintenance performed to baseline the vehicle / this included the 180K engine service.
      1. 180K Engine Service (Timing Belt, etc.)
      2. Oil Change
      3. Fan Shroud
      4. Replaced ALL rubber coolant hoses throughout inc. Heater T's, etc.
      5. Front Brakes, Inc. Rotors Replaced and Wheel Bearings Repacked
      6. Front Hood, and Rear Tailgate Struts Replaced
    2. Truck was just inspected this Summer (NYS Inspection) and passed with no issues - I had them check shocks, rear brakes, etc. at that time, and there was no need for any replacement or any indication of issue. I drive the truck frequently (2-3 times a week), and have no concern about driving it across the country tomorrow.
    3. Should a sale be reached - I will have the car detailed, and a new battery installed. The current battery is in working order, but it is older and I would want the new owner to start with a fresh battery.
  10. Photos: I will be supplying additional photos (and can easily do so on demand if people supply a cell phone number), but here are some to begin. I will supply updated photos as soon as I can get under it, or upon demand.
  11. Price: $13,750.00
    1. There is currently a lien against the vehicle through America First. If there is a serious buyer, I will pay off the lien so as to clear the title if that is preferable. I am a reasonable guy, and will work with serious buyers to make something work for all parties.
  12. If anyone has specific questions, please send me a DM - I can provide my cell phone number for more ready access for texts/etc. I do not frequent the forums, so I will be as fast as possible on a response.
  13. Pictures:

IMG_5366.jpg
IMG_5369.jpg
IMG_5374.jpg

Last edited:
What size KO2's? Nice looking truck, always liked the green ones. GLWS.

Bump -

To answer the above - the KO2s are 285/65/18.

Happy to provide any additional answers or pictures as requested.

bump - price has been decreased to $13,750.

I am closing on my house in 30 days and ideally would like this sold before our move, and before the winter. Please let me know of any questions.

Bump - new exterior photos added as of today. I am happy to provide detailed interior photos etc. as required - please just shoot me a DM with a number and I can provide accordingly. She is presently living in a new garage waiting for a new home.

Still available -

Honestly, I think the photo looks that way b/c the skid is wet. There is a little bit of surface rust on some of the skids/muffler, but its nothing wild. I am happy to provide additional photos this evening of anything you like! If interested, shoot me a DM w/ a cell number and I can snap some shots.

Bump Up - New Photos Added. Shes currently living in a new, clean, dry garage. On a brand new concrete floor, I have not seen a single drop of fluid since shes been parked. Sits on a trickle charger, but again, a new battery will be installed prior to any sale.

IMG_5403.jpg
IMG_5395.jpg
IMG_5398.jpg
IMG_5399.jpg

So, how long has the cruiser been in NY? Can you post some clear pictures of the underside? All 4 corners and a few down the middle from both sides would be great. Thank you

All -

Cruiser has been in NY since March of 2018, and has mostly been garaged. Never driven in snow in my ownership. Previously it lived in TX and UT (mostly by same owner who moved).

I can provide some additional photos of the underside - been traveling for work this last week and havnt been home to do this.

This LC looks great. Does it have side curtain airbags? With two young kids, I'm limiting my search to LCs/470s with that feature.

This LC looks great. Does it have side curtain airbags? With two young kids, I'm limiting my search to LCs/470s with that feature.
Yes, the 2004 has side curtain airbags. They work well. I know.

All -

I have included some additional undercarriage photos - it was 14 degrees and rolling around on the concrete floor at night wasnt the easiest to get clear shots, but I tried to be as honest as possible re. the undercarriage. My experience as a Buffalonian predisposes me to be conditioned on how rusty something is. For a 16 year old car, I think this is in great condition, but I know everyone may not share those sentiments and so I tried to show everything I could. I am really not interested in hiding anything.

One area that is definitely rusty is the "shield" around the muffler - this was rusty when I bought it, and is still rusty today! Not sure what to say about it - I believe it is the original muffler and I cant tell if the muffler itself is rusty, or just the casing. Everything passed inspection, and the only reason I know is that I stuck my head under there. But full disclosure, muffler is rusty. The rest you can see for yourself!

IMG_5461.jpg

IMG_5462.jpg

IMG_5463.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom