For Sale SOLD - 2004 LC Fully Built 188K Miles Denver, CO $24K (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hello all, I have been contemplating this sale for a long time and have finally come to grips with my 100 not being in the garage. We have owned the truck for nearly four years and about 20k miles. My family and I have been on many adventures and created a ton of memories in this rig and it will be missed. I have built this truck from stock to where it sits today, as one of the most capable 100 series Cruisers out there (short of a SAS).

I wrestled a long time with what to ask, and landed at $24K. I have a ton of time and money in how she sits today, and hope someone else will see the value in what I have put together in this truck. The reason I am selling is to make room in the garage for a low and fast car that likely arrives in January. I will be putting a very mild build on my LX570 to be the new camping/"wheeling" rig, so for those of you who have been on trails I've led, or with whom i have been on wheeling/camping adventures, I'll still be around, just not doing the difficult technical trails this truck was built to conquer.

I will try to get everything listed here, and will provide updates if I miss anything:

Here's all the good stuff:
- 2004 Thundercloud Metallic, 188K miles
- 2.5" Slee OME heavy lift kit with SPC UCAs, Slee diff drop, OME T-bars and 864 springs in the rear
- Front and rear ARB air lockers with ARB mini compressor mounted to SLEE 2nd battery tray
- Dissent modular front bumper with LED fogs, bull bar and bull bar delete plates included (right now i am running it without the bull bar)
- Slee rear bumper with ladder, tires mount swing outs and jerry can basket
- I will include two red plastic Spectre jerry cans (the real widemouth non-vented ones, not the Costco version)
- Slee sliders
- Gamiviti custom rack with 42" curved light bar and custom faring mount
- Set of 5 Rock Warrior wheels with bead rings powder coated black
- Set of five 285/75/17 BFG KM2s (34") with about 8K miles on them
- Warn Zeon 10-S winch with synthetic line and Factor55 Flatlink
- Spidertrax 1.25" spacers
- Bump it Offroad front, center and rear skid plates
- KISS rear drawer system
- Vector Offroad Exo-rack (rear tire gear mounting bracket) EXO Rack
- Auxbeam 42" LED light bar and 9" LED round driving lights (ARB knock off)
- Black Depo 1-piece headlights
- BT35 module allowing Bluetooth music streaming
- Ram No-Drill Seat Mount with X-Grip iPad holder
- TRED 1100 Recovery Boards included
- PFRAN LED interior and backup lights
- 60" Hi-Lift Jack and Base included
- Leather is in great shape all around with little if any wear showing (but for wrinkles)
- Front grill plasti-dipped in flat black
- Three sets of floor mats: Original Toyota, custom and Huskyliner
- Third row seats included
- Partial set of Cover King seat covers included if you want them. I found them to be hot and uncomfortable.
- With a full price offer i will include three extra matching tires: two brand new KM2s and one near new KM2 with a plug repair.

Major maintenance items:
- New front wheel bearings @ 171K miles by SLEE
- New interstate Group 27 battery 12/2015 @173K miles
- New genuine Toyota CVs and flanges @ 175K Miles (the original Toyota CVs will come with the vehicle as trail spares) by SLEE
- Full maintenance baseline at SLEE 4/16/16 @ 175K miles including timing belt (idler and tension bearings also replaced), water pump, fuel filter, all fluids (diff, t-case, tranny, radiator, etc), plugs heater Ts, etc.
- New Toyota brake pads front and rear @ 181K miles by Toy Shop
- Front and rear diff fluid @ 185K miles in May by me
- Stickers and bobble-head dog included at no extra cost :)

Things to note in the not so great column:
- the sunroof has been disabled; I guess the cables are a weak point in the assembly and can get stretched over time causing a failure in the sunroof; the quote I received to get it fixed was $2600, so I just closed it disconnected the switch.
- The front fender liners are a little chewed up from when I first got the bigger tires and had not yet trimmed; there is still a slight rub when running full speed and full front suspension compression occurs.
- I repaired some damage to the rear driver side speed sensor, but the light still comes on every once in a while when cycling lockers off and on. ATRAC and lockers are all fully functional, no issues.
- front driver speaker needs replacement; I just haven't had time to do it; i replaced the rear woofer about three years ago.
- love dent in passenger front fender from a hi-lift incident
- The front skid plate squeaks when dusty. I just live with it...haven't found a solution.
- general pin striping and scrapes on the armor from wheeling. I try to keep the steel covered with rustoleum paint whenever I get home from a wheeling trip.
- Driver side window tint peeled down toward the bottom and has some nicks in it from the PO's dog. It was never really an issue for me that needed to be dealt with.

The only things that I can think could be added from here are remote reservoir suspension, rear wiring, 2nd battery and aux gas or water. Everything else is done on this rig.

Additional wheeling pics can be seen on my IG account @scottmakee. And if you have any questions please send me a PM or email at smakee @ gmail.com
IMG_9632.JPG

Last edited:
IMG_0593.JPG
IMG_2066.JPG
IMG_5033.JPG
IMG_8435.JPG
IMG_9262.JPG

IMG_7850.JPG
IMG_2179.JPG
IMG_1839.JPG
IMG_9918.JPG
IMG_9976.JPG

IMG_1208.JPG
IMG_9895.JPG
IMG_0788.JPG
IMG_4161.JPG
IMG_6711.JPG

fullsizeoutput_919.jpeg
IMG_4572.JPG
IMG_7291.JPG
IMG_3577.JPG
IMG_3765.JPG

IMG_9051.JPG
IMG_8013.JPG
IMG_1280.JPG
IMG_2050.JPG
IMG_6510.JPG

IMG_4640.JPG
IMG_2516.JPG
IMG_4876.JPG
IMG_4981.JPG
IMG_3481.JPG

IMG_2639.JPG
fullsizeoutput_717.jpeg
IMG_2072.JPG
IMG_2082.JPG
fullsizeoutput_6f8.jpeg

Exceptionally fair price for a built & locked 100

Someone is going to get a well sorted and mechanically stellar rig for an awesome price.

Good luck and look forward to seeing your future LX “mild” build

GLWS Makee

Thanks all for the kind words.

Very nice rig. I think the price is pretty good considering everything you've done to it. That's a LOT of upgrades that ain't exactly cheap and they are very, very well thought out with top-quality parts.

Agree with all of the comments - fantastic. Curious about the low and fast arrival!

Good luck with the sale. If I could move my offroad toy I'd be interested as a replacement. Maybe I should put it up for sale!

Definitely a built rig setup exactly how many would do it. Get one pre-made for a fraction of building it out yourself!

@smakee is a longtime HIH attendee and I’ve seen this truck on much more difficult terrain, as well. It’s a beast and will serve the buyer well for many years to come. @smakee doesn’t skimp on any of his vehicles (or his cocktail and beer selections).

GLWS!!! That 200 needs some love!

Last edited:
Thanks all. :) I hope we can find her a good home in the community. I would love to see it at HIH9 next year.

Here’s what’s coming....:cool: I’m super stoked. Buying it from a friend of mine in Dallas who is taking delivery of a new 2018 GT3 Touring.

74A2E1D6-5D98-4E85-81BA-D5D9798C4941.jpeg

@bluecruiser maybe I should include a bottle of buyers choice from my beer fridge :clap: Free truck with the purchase of a $24k bottle of 2016 Bruery Black Tuesday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom