2004 Landcruiser with no A-Trac (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 2004, 100 series LC and there is no A-Trac feature although I believe that other models came with it. I do still have diff lockers. Is this normal and is there any pros/cons to this?

I have a 2004, 100 series LC and there is no A-Trac feature although I believe that other models came with it. I do still have diff lockers. Is this normal and is there any pros/cons to this?
Diff lockers (plural)? Or diff locker (singular)? US Spec LC 100 2000-20007 had ATRAC and a center diff lock. If you have an 04 it came with ATRAC and a center diff lock only.

Diff lockers (plural)? Or diff locker (singular)? US Spec LC 100 2000-20007 had ATRAC and a center diff lock. If you have an 04 it came with ATRAC and a center diff lock only.
I only have a center diff locker button and no A-Trac. Other models I believe came with a dial rather than a button.

I only have a center diff locker button and no A-Trac. Other models I believe came with a dial rather than a button.
Go hammer down the gas pedal and turn the wheel on a dirt road, you will find out you have traction and stability control but there is no button to turn those features on and off.

The vehicle is AWD and when you press the button it will lock the center differential making it a 4WD splitting the power 50/50 to the front and rear. If you're wheels start to spin the traction control will kick in and limit power to the wheels.

I think the dial you may have seen is on the earlier model 100 series that had a rear diff locker and it was a dial to the left of the steering wheel.

A US-spec 2004 has ATRAC. You could count the brake lines at the MC or on the rear axle, but there is really no point. You have ATRAC, a center locking diff (the switch on the dash) and NO front or rear locking axles if it is a US truck.

I recommend you read the owners manual to understand how it all works.

Other Toyota models have a dial that allows you to select offroad modes, but in the 100 series there is only ATRAC, and it is always there running behind the scenes. On my 2000 there is a light on the rpm gauge you can see before you start the engine.

I am guessing since the 100 does not have an ATRAC button like the Tacomas / 4Runners he thinks his 100 des not have it. Your stock 100 will have a Center Diff Lock button and ATRAC is automatic - no button.

You still have not told us why you think you don't have A-Trac. What's the evidence? Post your VIN number.
Because he doesn't see the button for ATRAC.

Later model Toyotas, like the 5th gen 4Runner have a button to turn ATRAC on/off. The 100 series does not. You will never know you have ATRAC until it's working and there is a small light at the bottom of the cluster.

@JMcruiser04 the dial you're referring to is for trucks that had a factory rear locker (yours doesn't) or someone's installed F/R lockers aftermarket.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but none of the US-Spec 5-speed model 100s came with rear E-lockers, correct?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom