2004 double cab softopper too short. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

BlueCruiser84

SILVER Star
Threads
I was told this topper came off a double cab Tacoma, but it certainly seems too short. I’ve only had a softopper on my 4runner - never on a pickup, but this doesn’t look right. If I move the rails in either direction there’s no way the top will even attempt to cover one end of the bed.

image.jpg
image.jpg

Looking at Softoppeers website I didn’t see any tops mentioned that would be SHORTER than a 5’ DC bed, but this one definitely is. This can’t be how it’s supposed to fit.

Here it is with the rails slid forward to where I think they should sit. The rails are about 6” to short. Was there a vehicle out there with a 4.5’ bed...? Maybe this is for a Subaru Baja? At this point I’d just like to figure out what it might fit so I can sell it.

FE7F4572-73EF-4207-A653-FE5D3BB2C8C0.jpeg

Here it is with the rails slid forward to where I think they should sit. The rails are about 6” to short. Was there a vehicle out there with a 4.5’ bed...? Maybe this is for a Subaru Baja? At this point I’d just like to figure out what it might fit so I can sell it.

View attachment 2739081

Whatever it's off of - it must be a small bed!

Maybe call softtopper and give them the dimensions? Definitely not for a Tacoma.