2003 Troopy question: door weatherstrip install (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
well, i looked for an answer to this question but never quite got there... i've got a replacement oem weatherstrip for the smaller rear door on my troopy. it appears the old one was installed with no adhesive, just placed into the grooves and held in with the plastic clips. same deal with the new replacement? or is adhesive a must? thanks all for your help...

I didn’t use adhesive on mine and it seems to work fine with just the clips. It‘s been on there for 3 years.

Burning question on the same here guys, hehe. I noticed, is the weatherstipping used on the 1999-2007 70-series regular cab (body at door) very close to bulk quality jobber rubber-on-metal vehicle weatherstripping that I can get at a local auto parts store, for perhaps much less?

My wearherstripping is shot, and this could be my best route.

It seems like they may have used a simple part here, unlike my new Subaru in the driveway, no, the jobber part will not fit there.

Burning question on the same here guys, hehe. I noticed, is the weatherstipping used on the 1999-2007 70-series regular cab (body at door) very close to bulk quality jobber rubber-on-metal vehicle weatherstripping that I can get at a local auto parts store, for perhaps much less?

My wearherstripping is shot, and this could be my best route.

It seems like they may have used a simple part here, unlike my new Subaru in the driveway, no, the jobber part will not fit there.
hi, my oem weatherstripping really didn't cost very much on mega zip.com. maybe check it out, they've got pretty much everything, and it will fit your ride exactly.

No adhesive needed.

Adhesive is only used when weatherstrip is used to install glass-to-body interface.
thanks, i think that's where some of my confusion came in... not quite sure what rubber strip people were taking about. i'll be installing this weekend, along with some kutsnake fender flares.

just a quick follow up, especially for newbies/amateur wrenchers like myself... this weatherstrip thing was as easy as it gets. just order the oem rubber and switch out the old one. the old plastic clips come out easy with pliers, then clean out the groove with a paper towel, and insert the new rubber into the groove and push in the plastic clips. the easiest thing i've done on a car. gonna do the other door now. thanks again to everyone for the good input.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom