1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2003 Tacoma Dash light issues

Discussion in 'Tacoma (Gen 1) - 4Runner (Gen 3)' started by jayfrem, Dec 3, 2017.

1. jayfrem

jayfrem

Hi There

I have an 2003 Tacoma V6 TRD Extended cab.

While driving at night I do notice part of the dash ( speedometer does not a strong light) despite having to dim button turned to max.

Also the window switches and AC control switch do not light. Should these light up in the dark ?

Also how I can increase the light intensity of the headlight can I go for slightly higher voltage ?

Jay

2. Living in the Past

Living in the Past SILVER Star

Headlights are a wattage and type not voltage. As for lights not working have you checks to see if the lamps themselves are burned out. Have a few lamps out around the A/C/blower area on the dash and the auto light in the passenger's switch in the master controller are out in my 99 4Runner. First thing I will check is the lamps and go from there if it doesn't work.

3. Weedhopper

Weedhopper SILVER Star

Once you take the cluster out the second time it is a snap. I had some lights out and pulled the cluster and replaced all the lamps. Over a year they stopped lighting up. I thought I had defective bulbs but they fell out of the sockets. You REALLY need to push and turn the bulbs into their sockets.

data-matched-content-rows-num="2,1" data-matched-content-columns-num="1,4" data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">