2003 LX470 w/120k miles...too many? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
A company that I do business with is selling this (one of the owners drove it since new) for $15k. They claim every bit of service has been done at the dealership. Should I be leery of such a low price or is this a great find as a result of a down economy?

Is 120k miles too many for a 5-6 year old truck? I'm worried that it has been beat on pretty badly in such a short time and problems might be ready to start springing up. Any thoughts?

I'm looking to buy it for my girlfriend, so she'll stop driving LC all the time.

It is high miles but as long as they can prove that all services were done I would not be afraid of the truck at all. One of the great things about LC's is they last...and last....and last

I agree with Topmounter, have it inspected. My 100 has done 200K miles and the only real trouble I've had was causes by bad servicing at Toyota.

It is high miles but as long as they can prove that all services were done I would not be afraid of the truck at all. One of the great things about LC's is they last...and last....and last

X2 plus have it inspected. Make sure the timing belt water pump has been done. Should be good for many years of trouble free service.

I bet that 120k miles isnt anywhere near as hard as the 117k mine has. Mine seems to be running strong, just have it inspected first before you do anything.

120K in 5 years is a bit above average. Usually the big miles big luxo trucks are from freeway driving which would not be as bad as 120K of city driving likely... Ask him if he delivered pizza with it! :D

15K is cheap. I don't think I'd let ours go for 15K with that kind of mileage...

I agree, if the truck is clean and has had the regular servicing done, this a good deal. At the firm I used to work at the president had a Mercedes he had a hard time selling because it was 4 years old and had 120k miles on it. He always had it serviced at the dealer, the reason the miles were so high was he lived 45 miles from his company, so he was driving about 24,000 miles a year just to work. It was all highway and the vehicle was a great deal for the buyer.

Our LX is a 98 with 260k miles on it. Interior has all been redone, paint is original and well cared for.... Looks and drives like a truck with 30k miles on it right now. We have a european car shop and do all maint. ourselves. These things will run forever. I'm looking forward to 300k.

Get the vin number and swing by your local lexus dealership, if they have been doing the services regularly, then any lexus dealership will be able to pull the records of every time it was taken to a dealer for service. If the service doesn't show up, either it wasn't done or it was done by someone else.

Add a good inspection and check the Carfax, if everything checks out, you'll be golden.

$15 is a steal for a 93 Lexus. I would not sweat the mileage, but I would want to know the history. But heck, for that price, I would not sweat it if it did not have the timing belt done.
My 2000 LC with 126K books over $15

Try to keep a straight face, knowing you are getting a screaming deal.

Hell, I'd buy it right now, sans service records as long as it has a clean carfax.

wisely search and happy you will be long time.

Seriously, though be wary of Carfax. It is a great tool, but it only spits out the information that has been plugged into it. I narrowly avoided buying a rig w/ a clean carfax last summer that had been in a serious front end collision. The third party inspection found the mismatched panels, signs of the paint and body work and the newer steering componentry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom