For Sale 2003 LX470 @ Dealer in Orlando - 87K miles (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

**** NO AFFILIATION ****

2003 Lexus LX 470 - Monaco Motor Group

2003 LX470 with 87K miles.
$20K
AHC has been removed.
Passenger door skin needs some attention. Dealer pics show a few other small bumps and bruises.

Dealer has been sitting on it for 2.5 months. Original ask was $22K,
No underbody shots, but the engine bay looks pretty clean.

Used Lexus LX 470 For Sale - CarGurus

I'm guessing rusty... Also, why is there black s*** all over the center console.

I'm guessing rusty... Also, why is there black s*** all over the center console.

What would lead you to believe it's rusty?

Multiple underhood pics show relatively clean fasteners and other bits which tend to rust over a fifteen year period.

the clip holding the airbox is rusty. the 2 screws on the radiator are rusty. the screw holding the horn is rusty. IDK the truck history, but I'm guessing northeast.

Also, AHC components usually fail due to rust. Location on the frame leads to salt exposure.

I have no dog in this fight, as they say, but the air cleaner clips on a 100 turn rusty after the first year. I'm studying the pics and don't see any sign of real rust.
The Upper hatch handle and surrounding sheet metal looks good. Lug bolts are clean. Exhaust tip, same thing.
I owned a 100 for over ten years. I've seen rust.

One disturbing thing I do see is that the selling dealer pulled the idiotic locking lug bolts and didn't spend the coin to replace them. Four outta five ain't good enough.

I replaced all my locking lugs on my LC... I hate em. If someone wants to steal my 15 year old wheels, well, YOLO. Contact the dealer, get the VIN, and lets look at its history. Im guessing NE.

PS, I like the color, and the truck looks pretty good... Thats why I'm guessing rust/wrecked. prove me wrong.

I have a 2005 w/60,000 and there is NO rust on any fasteners in the engine compartment. This is probably a rust belt car or a flood car. Notice there is no VIN mentioned, always a bad sign.

Last edited:
I have a 2005 w/60,000 and there is NO rust on any fasteners in the engine compartment. This is probably a rust belt car or a flood car. Notice there is no VIN mentioned, always a bad sign.

Wait, so you're making the leap from some mild surface corrosion on some bits underhood which always show mild surface corrosion to.... wait for it....

Flood Damage?

I'm out. This is bat shyte nuts.

its fun to guess when you have no clue... Im just trying to figure out why a low mileage LX has an AHC swap, a great price, and hasn't sold yet.

I ran the vin from the cargurus link.

Service records on lexus drivers site end in 2007; one was a NJ dealer and the other a NY dealer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom