SOLD 2003 Lexus LX470 275,000miles Near Chicago Suburbs (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. LX470
Year - 2003
Vehicle Model - Lexus LX470
Location – Western Springs IL (a near Chicago suburb)
Mileage – 275,000
Price - $7,500 obo
VIN - JTJHT00W333526539

Scroll down to see pictures on this blog: Blog
- I will upload pictures directly to this thread shortly -
Note that I set up the blog just to host the pictures. I cannot be contacted through the blog.
I can be contacted via this web site's messenger.

The GOOD:
Never been in an accident.
Night Vision
2 keys
Weather Tech floor and cargo liners
Third row seats included (I have not had them in the truck for over 5 years.)
I purchased the truck in 2006 and it has been 100% Lexus serviced by McGrath Lexus in Westmont IL and all recommended/scheduled maintenance has been done. All records are available from the dealer.
Just before the 100,000 extended warranty lapsed the water pump was replaced.
Most interior in good shape, for its age, including most of the leather interior (except for driver’s seat, read below)
Garage kept truck.
Runs and drives great.
Heated seats
I am the third owner, we have had the truck for 14years.
Clean CarFax is available and attached to this email.

The BAD:
A few rust spots. None big, and the most noticeable one is just above where you pull the latch to open the rear hatch.
Rear hatch does not stay up by itself. A few weeks ago one of the shocks that hold it up became disconnected (Rusted the connection bolt.)
Antenna does not go up or down
Driver’s seat and arm rest in poor condition due to use and daily wear.
Front bumper corners have very noticeable rub marks from bumping into side of garage door.
Missing cosmetic front plastic piece to the passenger side roof rack.
Check engine light is on and it is showing code P0442 (picture of code on blog).
In head rest monitors for aftermarket video hook up, never worked since purchase.
The built in Nav/GPS/Map stopped recognizing the DVD this year and no longer displays the map. (I did not ask Lexus for a fix or estimate since we just use our phones.)
Electric adjusting rear view mirrors no longer work. I had them disconnected and we adjust them manually.

Just information:
Daily driver for myself until 2011 when I started driving a 2009 LX570.
This has been my wife’s truck since 2011. She drives 80 highway miles most days.
This truck makes a 500+ mile highway round trip into Wisconsin once a month.
No modifications have been made to the truck.
It is a Lexus, so just about all options are on the truck, like power driver and passenger seats, moon roof, etc.

Attachments

• Lexus LX470 CarFax.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 132
Year - 2003
Vehicle Model - Lexus LX470
Location – Western Springs IL (a near Chicago suburb)
Mileage – 275,000
Price - $7,500 obo
VIN - JTJHT00W333526539

Scroll down to see pictures on this blog: Blog
- I will upload pictures directly to this thread shortly -
Note that I set up the blog just to host the pictures. I cannot be contacted through the blog.
I can be contacted via this web site's messenger.

The GOOD:
Never been in an accident.
Night Vision
2 keys
Weather Tech floor and cargo liners
Third row seats included (I have not had them in the truck for over 5 years.)
I purchased the truck in 2006 and it has been 100% Lexus serviced by McGrath Lexus in Westmont IL and all recommended/scheduled maintenance has been done. All records are available from the dealer.
Just before the 100,000 extended warranty lapsed the water pump was replaced.
Most interior in good shape, for its age, including most of the leather interior (except for driver’s seat, read below)
Garage kept truck.
Runs and drives great.
Heated seats
I am the third owner, we have had the truck for 14years.
Clean CarFax is available and attached to this email.

The BAD:
A few rust spots. None big, and the most noticeable one is just above where you pull the latch to open the rear hatch.
Rear hatch does not stay up by itself. A few weeks ago one of the shocks that hold it up became disconnected (Rusted the connection bolt.)
Antenna does not go up or down
Driver’s seat and arm rest in poor condition due to use and daily wear.
Front bumper corners have very noticeable rub marks from bumping into side of garage door.
Missing cosmetic front plastic piece to the passenger side roof rack.
Check engine light is on and it is showing code P0442 (picture of code on blog).
In head rest monitors for aftermarket video hook up, never worked since purchase.
The built in Nav/GPS/Map stopped recognizing the DVD this year and no longer displays the map. (I did not ask Lexus for a fix or estimate since we just use our phones.)
Electric adjusting rear view mirrors no longer work. I had them disconnected and we adjust them manually.

Just information:
Daily driver for myself until 2011 when I started driving a 2009 LX570.
This has been my wife’s truck since 2011. She drives 80 highway miles most days.
This truck makes a 500+ mile highway round trip into Wisconsin once a month.
No modifications have been made to the truck.
It is a Lexus, so just about all options are on the truck, like power driver and passenger seats, moon roof, etc.
Lex15.jpg
Lex23.jpg
Lex22.jpg
Lex21.jpg
Lex20.jpg

Any frame pics? Ever treated with POR or anything?
Howdy! No frame pics currently, but i can take some later today or in the morning and post them. I am thinking that getting pics of the undercarriage on this vintage of a truck will be in high demand.....I will see if a local garage would let me put it up on a lift to get some better pics. This may be a day or two.

I have not treated the truck with anything.

Price drop and more information:
New asking price is $6,500 obo

I had the routine oil service done this week at our local Lexus dealer.
Oil, oil filter, tire rotation, fluids check - all good
Service fella said that the struts that hold the hood up no longer do their job and should be replaced
Service was done by using a rod to hold up the hood. I did not replace those struts - not so good, but an easy work around.
I cleared the codes a bit over a week ago and the check engine light has not yet come back on. I am sure the issue is still there But it does not affect the running of the truck.
C95DC420-8462-47C8-BAA9-ED2BB16812FD.jpeg

C95DC420-8462-47C8-BAA9-ED2BB16812FD.jpeg

Not terrible, but I would suggest replacing the fuel tank skid prior to sale. It's ~$375 part I believe and about a 30 minute job. Good luck with sale.

Will you please interior pics (specifically stains, drivers seat, any other wear areas) and some of the rear of the vehicle (rust at lift/tail gate, etc)? Thanks

Here is an up close pic of the rust on the rear hatch just above the hatch latch. Also a pic of the driver’s seat. The most worn part of the interior is the driver’s arm rest. There are a lot more pics on the blog: Blog
BFCEEEF2-F791-4DDD-8FF0-E0863461E3E3.jpeg
DBE960AD-796C-4CF9-B03E-D0E72AA46AA0.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom