2003 LC100 - Hunting/Camping Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

TrichoCruiser

SILVER Star
Threads
Hi all,

New member here. I’ve posted a bit and met a handful of you, but have yet to do an official introduction. I picked up this ‘03 a couple months ago. Bought from a dealer in Arkansas and shipped to me here in Tucson, AZ. The plan is to build a practical rig to safely and conveniently shuttle me around on my hunting adventures, while also serving as a plan to sleep at night.

I paid $22.5k and while cosmetically the truck is in phenomenal shape, I was disappointed by the amount of deferred maintenance needing addressed. I bought sight unseen (lessons learned). No rust at all which is great, but out of necessity I have installed a new radiator, steering rack, and rebooted the CVs all in the last month. Next will be 275/70/18s and then window tint. I did pick up a set of ARB boxes from a member here.

I will be tackling a leaking valve cover seal and UCA/LCA bushings as well as a sway bar rebuild hit from Cruiser Tech in the coming months. Eventually the plan is to add an ARB or possible Ironman front bumper, some kind of rear bumper with swing outs, roof rack, sliders and other cool s***. But first, maintenance and drivability. Doing all the work myself, so I’ve greatly appreciated the support here and YouTube channels focused on LC maintenance.

Cheers, all. Looking forward to interacting with more of you in the future.

1688597606989.jpeg

1688597631883.jpeg

1688597670906.png

Is that the truck from a used car dealer here in Bentonville, AR? If so, I’ve seen it in person. One PO, looked good cosmetically but needed some work done. It was originally listed for $24,999 and then lowered to ~$22k.

Last edited:
Don't despair, rust is the incurable (unless ton of $), all the other stuff is normal plug/play from what I have read/experienced.

Hope you didn't buy it to save money, because that ain't going to happen :bang:

I don't think I saw the mileage posted. that will tell me if the wear items are premature or due (not that i'm an expert).

May the force be with you!

Is that the truck from a used car dealer here in Bentonville, AR? If so, I’ve seen it in person. One PO, looked good cosmetically but needed some work done. It was originally listed for $24,999 and then lowered to ~$22k.
Yes, this is the one. It’s pretty much baselined now with the exception of the valve cover gasket. Sunroof doesn’t operate either.

Looks nice - welcome.

Just recently got a set of the same crossbars and feet for the roof rack and have found them really convenient

Don't despair, rust is the incurable (unless ton of $), all the other stuff is normal plug/play from what I have read/experienced.

Hope you didn't buy it to save money, because that ain't going to happen :bang:

I don't think I saw the mileage posted. that will tell me if the wear items are premature or due (not that i'm an expert).

May the force be with you!
Thank you for the encouraging words haha. 168k miles. Definitely didn’t buy it to save money!

as others probably noted, 168k is a low mileage rig in the 100 world. the price you paid seems right on based on what I saw when I was searching for mine....5 or so years ago.
Appreciate it. I felt good about the price until I realized the amount of deferred maintenance. All good now though, as I almost have it baselined and ready for upgrades.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom