2003 keyless entry problems (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm trying to figure an issue with my keyless entry system on my recently purchased 2003 LC. Both key fobs do absolutely nothing when the. buttons are pressed. The driver side door actuator is also not functioning correctly and I've already ordered a replacement – could these issues be related? It seems like both my key fobs are dead, but that also seems unlikely that both would be bad.
  • Both key fob buttons do nothing (red indicator light on key doesn't blink, no vehicle lights change, no sounds coming from the door locks)
  • Both keys are recognized as master keys when inserted into the ignition
  • All exterior locks unlock/lock all doors except driver's side
  • All interior locks lock/unlock all doors except driver's side
  • All door switches (and rear hatch) appear to be working and trigger open door warnings on the cluster
Any clues as to what my be the problem with keyless entry? This is my first Land Cruiser so I'm not sure if the indicator lights on keys supposed to blink whenever a button is pressed. If so, it seems like the problem might actually be my keys and not whatever is receiving the signal or the ecu.

I've dug through so many threads about this, but I can't seem to find any basic answers on how the keys are supposed to function to narrow down the problem. Thanks!

On my 2000 the light on the key fob flashes whenever a button is pressed, even if the car isn't nearby. Try a new battery.

Thanks, that's what I figured. I forgot to mention that I already put new batteries in them. I might try a cheap replacement transmitter and see if that works.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom