2003 damaged front & repair questions? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My newly driving son decided to do a little off road excursion in the LC (without telling me) and due to his total lack of experience trail driving ended up on a tight trail driving a little to fast and clipped a nice size tree...no frame damage but hood, fender, bumper, headlamp etc all need to be replaced along with some other various pieces.

I sourced a used knee assembly and all the support metal (ie apron, rad support, etc) with OEM but now I need to sort the exterior show pieces...hood, fender, headlamp/turnsignal, etc

Question is can I go fairly cheap aftermarket on the show pieces and get them cheaply painted or do I try to source from dismantler in matched color? Will aftermarket fit be adequate?

I am not concerned on making her look perfect as she is rolling a little over 223k and has her share of light hail damage, rock rash, fogged out headlamps, small dents etc, etc...mechanically she is fine, just shows her age. Don't want her to look unbalanced having her left side newer looking than the right like a botched face lift...

Missed a couple used headlamps on ebay but may try to do the 2006 facelift with fresh lamps...thoughts? Hate having the one old headlamp and one new look...used turnsignals are hard to find so maybe best to do the 2006 refresh...

Also seems like it ideal time to do a inexpensive TJM bumper as well...

Thanks for the input...

mario.png

Ouch

I don't have kids but what is the appropriate punishment for something like this.

He paying for it...(mostly ;))

Is was hard to be mad at him...he is a great kid who works hard and is super focused on becoming a pilot. He is 17 and already has over 40 flying hours that he pays or does work for...even found a gopher- type job at a aerial applicator so he could be around planes all day.

I was more annoyed that he didn't tell me so I could give him some trail advice...he just outdrove the trail.

Search the salvage yards (car-part.com) and find whatever you need. Even if colors don't match and you need to paint parts to approximately match the rest of the truck, it's going to be the cheapest option. Many of us have already done so, myself included. Lot more 100 series at salvage yards in the East than what we have here in the West, that's for certain.

Check this out: Wrecked 2006 LX470 Budget Build

Also, depending on the extent of damage to your 100, you might get lucky and find a wrecked 100 in the same color as yours, but with the undamaged parts you need, at an auction for really cheap. Buy the entire vehicle, swap over what you need, and then either sell what’s left of the entire vehicle to a local junkyard or part it out to make most of your money back. Copart.com is one of the auction sites you can search that has some 100s.

Check this out: Wrecked 2006 LX470 Budget Build

Also, depending on the extent of damage to your 100, you might get lucky and find a wrecked 100 in the same color as yours, but with the undamaged parts you need, at an auction for really cheap. Buy the entire vehicle, swap over what you need, and then either sell what’s left of the entire vehicle to a local junkyard or part it out to make most of your money back. Copart.com is one of the auction sites you can search that has some 100s.

great link...now just have to free up some space...

Having a hard time finding a fender that a yard will ship...did get a black hood shipped!

May just order fender from toyota parts and pickup from local dealer who has pretty decent parts pricing...

So if I go that route which fender do i need? 'fender w/flare' or 'fender w/out flare' ?

Having a hard time finding a fender that a yard will ship...did get a black hood shipped!

May just order fender from toyota parts and pickup from local dealer who has pretty decent parts pricing...

So if I go that route which fender do i need? 'fender w/flare' or 'fender w/out flare' ?
Same issue that I encountered. Often times the shipping costs more than the fender too...But they’re out there if you’re patient.

@LC Parts Yard has (or had) a couple of OEM fenders. Couple of yards in SoCal have a few 100s that they’re currently parting out, but shipping to the eastern US would likely be cost prohibitive. There is also a black LX in Arkansas being parted out on Facebook marketplace right now. Guy quoted me $200 + $200 shipping to AZ for the passenger fender, but he also has a clean driver fender:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom